Top Ten Tuesday : Characters You Wish Would Get Their OWN Book

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Paper Bindings - Top Ten Tuesday : Characters You Wish Would Get Their OWN Book
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is: Top Ten Characters You Wish Would Get Their OWN Book (minor or just maybe a semi main character you wish a book was from their POV)

01. Peeta - Peeta, from “The Hunger Games” series by Suzanne Collins is the best. For that reason alone, I’d love for him to get his own book but also because I want to know more about his backstory. Why does his mother dislike him? Was he close to his brothers? And the biggest question of all, why does 16 year old Peeta live alone in the Victor’s Village after the first Games?

02. Jenna - “Going Bovine” by Libba Bray is nearly perfect but I always wondered about Jenna. I even asked Bray this during one of Goodread’s author group discussions and all she said was,
“Such a good question but a tough one to answer because I feel like everything I wanted to say about Cameron's family is in the book. Beyond that, I feel the reader owns it and gets to supply whatever backstory s/he wants to make up or contemplate or turn into fan fic. You know? Hopefully, Jenna has all kinds of things going on in a parallel universe somewhere.”
Which, eh. I need a real answer, Libba! I’m mostly kidding but still a book in Jenna’s voice would be great to read.


03. Caleb - The “Divergent” series by Veronica Roth is a mess but I’d still like to see the story through Tris’ brother’s point of view. How does he feel about her? Why did he do the things he did throughout the series? He’s got to be less insufferable than his sister and her love.

04. Chip - The main character of “The Missing Series” by Margaret Haddix is Jonah. I’d like to see one book in his best friend Chip’s point of view because I would love to see how someone lives their day to day life knowing that they’re really the King of England.

05. Beth or Meg March - Beth and Meg March from “Little Women” by Louisa May Alcott are always overshadowed by Jo and Amy. I’d be curious to see what they’d have to say.

06. King Edward VI - Historical fiction writers love them some Tudors. Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, Mary I or as the case in “Nine Days a Queen: The Short Life and Reign of Lady Jane Grey” by Ann Rinaldi, Jane Grey are all constantly covered but I’d love to see a book in poor forgotten King Edward VI’s point of view. (Okay, fine there's Mark Twain's classic "The Prince and the Pauper", but still a modern writer's take would be awesome!)

07. Albus Potter - I’m a stanch purist when it comes to “Harry Potter” and probably wouldn’t be too happy if this happened in reality (things need to end!). But in theory, I think it would be cool to see the wizarding world through the eyes of one of Harry’s children.

08. Tess - I always love to pick out the shy, quiet girl in the corner from stories, the one who’s not as bold or adventurous as the usual heroine. I think she’d have a unique take on all the goings-on in the “Legend” series by Marie Lu.

09. Delly - I pick Delly from “The Hunger Games” series by Suzanne Collins for the same reason I pick Tess. Moreover, I think she’s have some insight into Peeta’s childhood and what life was like in District 12 in the “rich” section.

10. Jim - It’s be awesome to see “The Adventures of Huck Finn” by Mark Twain through Jim’s eyes.


- - - - - - - - -
What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tracy

Tracy is a history/film fan who loves to read YA, historical and contemporary fiction. She’s also a sucker for a sad tale. Harry Potter (“Harry Potter”), Peeta Mellark (“Hunger Games”), Nathaniel Blake (“Little Men”) and Daniel Landon (“Catcher, Caught”) are her literary boyfriends. She’s also the resident Ravenclaw and librarian.

4 comments:

  1. I kind of picked Peeta. And I agree it would be kind of neat to read on in the Harry Potter story with their kids.
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your reply :) You had an awesome list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I basically want a book from aLL THE CHARACTERS in The Hunger Games trilogy. But omg, yes to Peeta. Why did he live alone? Why DID his mother hate him? What really happened when he was trapped in the Capitol. o.o I really need that book in my life, okay?!!! Also Johanna Mason and Finnick Odair....and I wouldn't say no to Effie or Prim or President Snow. (AHH, I would LOVE to know how Snow got so wicked.)
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finnick! I would totally buy that book in a heartbeat. I <3 Finnick.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...