Some More Dragons (Waiting on Wednesday #70)

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
Title: Shadow Scale (Seraphina #2)
Author: Rachel Hartman
Release Date: March 10th 2015
Genre: YA -Fantasy
Goodreads
“The kingdom of Goredd: a world where humans and dragons share life with an uneasy balance, and those few who are both human and dragon must hide the truth. Seraphina is one of these, part girl, part dragon, who is reluctantly drawn into the politics of her world. When war breaks out between the dragons and humans, she must travel the lands to find those like herself—for she has an inexplicable connection to all of them, and together they will be able to fight the dragons in powerful, magical ways.

As Seraphina gathers this motley crew, she is pursued by humans who want to stop her. But the most terrifying is another half dragon, who can creep into people’s minds and take them over. Until now, Seraphina has kept her mind safe from intruders, but that also means she’s held back her own gift. It is time to make a choice: Cling to the safety of her old life, or embrace a powerful new destiny?”

Why?:

Dragons

It's been a while, but I really enjoyed book one. It was a surprising read for me, so I'm curious as to what happens next.

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

16 comments:

  1. I'm not really fond of dragon books... but I hope it's worth your wait! Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I've been waiting a few years for this book, so I'm really hoping it is worth the wait.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the first book yet although I do like the sound of dragons. I feel like the first one came out ages ago though!
    Lovely pick!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did come out a while ago, a few years I think. I'll admit, dragons are my favorite, so I will read just about anything with dragons in it. But, from what I recall, it was pretty entertaining. I'll have to reread before book two comes out, since I've forgotten a bit.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Haven't heard of this one but it does seem quite interesting! I do love a bit of dragons!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another dragon lover! You might enjoy this series then.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen this one around before! It looks really good though. Added to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got someone to add it to their TBR, I feel accomplished now. Hopefully you will enjoy the series. :)

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. This is new to me but sounds good!

    Here's my WoW + W.W.W

    +New Bloglovin' follwer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it!

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Yay for dragons! I haven't read the first one, so I'm not very excited for this one yet. I may give this series a try, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense. :) If you do pick it up, I hope you like it.

      Delete
  7. Me too!! I can't wait to see how the story grows and what might happen next. I loved Seraphina as a character, I'd love to see her become more powerful. Great pick!!!

    Here's My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved watching her change during book one, so I'm very curious as to where things will head for her next.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. YESSS! Me too! Although...I've kind of forgotten so much about Seraphina, I probably need to reread it before this one comes out, eh?
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit, I'll have to read as well. I can only remember two major things from the book, and I have a feeling I've forgotten something big.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...