A New Spinoff (Waiting on Wednesday #71)

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


Prudence by Gail Carriger
Title: Prudence (The Custard Protocol #1)
Author: Gail Carriger
Release Date: March 17th 2015
Genre: Steampunk - Vampires - Shifters
“When Prudence Alessandra Maccon Akeldama (Rue to her friends) is given an unexpected dirigible, she does what any sensible female would under similar circumstances - names it the Spotted Crumpet and floats to India in pursuit of the perfect cup of tea. But India has more than just tea on offer. Rue stumbles upon a plot involving local dissidents, a kidnapped brigadier's wife, and some awfully familiar Scottish werewolves. Faced with a dire crisis and an embarrassing lack of bloomers, what else is a young lady of good breeding to do but turn metanatural and find out everyone's secrets, even thousand-year-old fuzzy ones?”

Why?:

Because I've enjoyed the authors other series (Parasol Protectorate, and Finishing School series)

I was most curious about little Prudence in Parasol Protectorate so I am super excited to find out more about her and what she is in this series. 

I <3 Steampunk
What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever read any steampunk books. I think I will check this series out.

    My Wow

    http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/waiting-on-wednesday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world this author created has a nice blend of paranormal and steampunk. Even is steampunk turns out not to be your thing, then maybe the paranormal aspects will keep you interested.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this one but I hope it's worth your wait! :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I've enjoyed all the other ones by this author so far, so I have hope for this one.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...