The Dream Thieves | Review

Monday, September 15, 2014



Title: The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Release Date: September 17th, 2013
Stars: 4

"Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same.

Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life.

Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after..." 

RELATED: The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) | The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) (Book Club Review) | Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) | The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) | Pip Bartlett's Guide To Magical Creatures (Pip Bartlett #1) | The Raven King Tour Event Recap

What I Liked:

* The boys - They are still my favorite part of the series. I love them individually and I love their relationships with each other, even when you want to strangle them.

* Ronan - I loved him in book one, and I loved him now. I really enjoyed delving more into his world, literally his dream world, and learning more about his complicated family life. There were things I suspected in book one, about him and his brothers, and about other things, so getting some answers and being right felt like a victory. Especially when the author kept throwing some new twists and turns their way.

* The Kiss - Oh, my god, this had to be the most heartbreaking scene ever! I don't know who I felt for more. Maggie Stiefvater wants us all to die from The Feels!


“If you never saw the stars, candles were enough.”


What was 'Eh':

* The Gray Man - On one hand, I liked his character, but on the other, not so much. I'm holding off judgment until I see how this progresses.


“Silence was never a wrong answer.”


To Sum It All Up:

Another great book in a great series. I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens next. There is so much left to speculate and I have theories a plenty, the next book cannot come out fast enough.

If you haven read The Raven Cycle series yet, what are you waiting for?


“So what you're saying is you can't explain it."
"I did explain it."
"No, you used nouns and verbs together in a pleasing but illogical format.”

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...