It's Fall, Let's Read (Top Ten Tuesday #54)

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Paper Bindings - Top Ten Tuesday Fall TBR
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks them is : The Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List

the young elites by marie lu
01.  The Young Elites -  I read Marie Lu's Legend series because my book club girls decided they wanted to read it. I wasn't opposed, but I wasn't 100% on board. I do enjoy a good dystopian novel, but they weren't my thing. Until the past year or so. But what I valued most out of the Legend series was that even the things I disliked about the stories, made sense. Here was an author who could great a intriguing world with depth. So when I actually read the summary for The Young Elites, I knew I had to add this book to my TBR list.

02. Snow Like Ashes - Because everything I've heard about this book tells me that this book is custom tailored for me. I really hope this one lives up to the hype.

03. Blue Lily, Lily Blue #3 - Because how dare Maggie Stiefvater end the last book in the series with certain things not happening. And I need to know what is happening to my boys right this instance! I'm still a little shocked about how much I loved the last two books, since I wasn't planning on enjoying it at all. *is shot by the diehard fanatics*

04. Talon - Dragons. Dragons. Dragons. Enough said. I've read other books by Julie Kagawa, so I just KNOW this is going to be a great book.

05.  Stone Cold Touch #2 -  Because in fiction, demon boys are kind of swoonworthy.

never judge a lady by her cover by sarah maclean06. The Body Electric - Because this book is set in a local I've never been to and the blurb sounds very promising.

07. Never Judge A Lady By Her Cover #4 - Because I have been curious about the mysterious found since the beginning.

08. Ravencliffe #2 - I adored Blythewood, adored it. Carol Goodman took us to a dark, dangerous world with a historical vibe. I loved the characters, and never wanted the book the end.
09.  Lumiere - This is one of those books where a pretty cover lured me in. Then I reached the blurb, and Lumiere sounds exactly the type of book I'd like.

10. Waistcoats and Weaponry #3 - Steampunk. :) I really like the way Gail Carriger combines steampunk and paranormal to create a fun world with interesting characters.

What is your Top Ten this week?

8 comments:

  1. A couple of these are on my TBR list too. Snow Like Ashes looks so good! Thanks for visiting my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Snow Like Ashes might be my most anticipated book for the fall.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these, but most of them are on my TBR pile (mountain) already. *Sigh* So many good books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBR mountain, now there is a thought. We should all start calling it that.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with the cover from Lumiere :) I can't wait to read Talon. Kagawa + dragons, this book is bound to be epic. I'm also very excited for Blue Lily, Lily Blue. Happy reading :)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the cover of Lumiere just perfect? I saw it and knew I have to find out more. Kagawa + dragons, we really cannot go wrong there. Blue Liliy, Lily Blue, I've heard so much about this book, it's going to be a long wait until release day.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I have Talon on my list as well because like you said Dragons and more Dragons. It is not often in YA that we see Dragon stories so I'm interested. I have read other books by her and wasn't blown away by them so we shall see if this one blows me away or not.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really isn't a lot of Dragon YA books. Lately, I've been seeing more and more of them compared to the past, but I won't complain about that. I was a bit torn on her Faerie series myself, but I'll still hold out on my high hopes until I get that book in my hand and give it a try.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...