The Fiery Heart | Review

Monday, February 10, 2014

Title: The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4)
Author: Richelle Mead
Release Date: November 19th, 2013
Stars: 4

"Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.
In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever."
RELATED: The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) | The Silver Shadow (Bloodlines #5) The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6) | Soundless


The Fiery Heart continues the story of everyone's favorite Morai, Adrian. And well Sydney is there too...along with everyone else. We continue where we left of, Sydney and Adrian are a couple. Finally. <3 But all is not perfect in their world. Zoe is a constant throne in their side with her stereotypical alchemist views. As if that wasn't bad enough, Sydney has more family drama to deal with.

Over the last few books, Adrian has changed from the man he was in the Vampire Academy series into someone new. I won't get into things because of spoilers, but he's really growing up. And I for one am very proud of him. I wondered about something, but I wasn't sure things would end up going that route. I thought I wouldn't enjoy that turn of events. Yet I was wrong, and I'm kind of glad the author brought him where she did. It really works for him and his path.

I really like Sydney. She is one of my favorite YA heroines. She's smart, someone you can look up to, and someone who is not afraid to fight for those who she cares for.She enjoys her relationship with Adrian, but she is not defined by it.

And Zoe, as much as she aggravates me, I think we've all been there. Maybe you haven't caught the sibling blues and found yourself stuck under their shadow competing for the illusion of a father's love, but at some point in your life you've felt pressure to live up to someone else.

This book was a pretty good book in the series, and I am highly looking forward to the next one. If you haven't read this series, what are you waiting for?


“Don’t take the high ground and assume you already know what you’ll do. The truth is, when it comes to someone you love, you’ll find there isn’t anything you won’t do.”

“It’s Adrian Ivashkov logic. Don’t try to understand it. Just roll with it.”

“If you wanted to remold people, you had to break them down first.”

2 comments:

  1. When I read TFH I liked it but I didn't feel like I could appreciate it because I was getting series fatigue. We've been in this world for 10 books now and I was getting kind of exhausted because even though it's great writing, I feel like this world is getting saturated. Now that I've back off this series for awhile, I still think it's a pretty kick ass book. I appreciate all the Sydrian scenes and I think you're right, Zoe, is a little snot. The ending broke my heart. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean about series fatigue. I can see it. Even good things must come to an end. But hopefully with our relationship established and the events at the end, we can get tossed into some action that will deliver us to a good series ending. We have what two more books?

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...