Top Ten Tuesday - Things On My Reading Wishlist (31)

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Paper Bindings | Top Ten Tuesday - Things On My Reading Wishlist (31)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist.

Because there is more than one genre out there:
01.  Science Fiction - Whether YA, NA, or adult reading levels, on Earth, starships, other planets, I want to read more science fiction books this year.

02. Fantasy - I love fantasy books. I have slacked on the number of fantasy books I have read last year. Which meant I missed out on some promising titles.

03. Steampunk - I love stampunk, and yet I've only read a few steampunk books. Must rectify this soon.

04. Contemporary YA/NA - I very rarely read contemporary books, yet I keep seeing all these great sounding books on other blogs. So this year, I am going to try and read more contemporary books. How many? No clue, but I'll sprinkle them in amongst all the paranormal books I read.

05.  Historical YA - I read a far amount of  historical romances, but have very limited experiences with historical YA novels.


Because I can travel without leaving my room:
06. Exotic locals - I need a book vacation to some far away land.

07. A city book - I don't have a particular city in mind, just want to read a book that is set in a major city.

08. Fantastical lands -This one ties in with number two above. I want to discover some new, fantastical land where anything is possible.

09.  Southern charm - Looking for some books set in the south, full of dishy guys with accents and a helping of some good, old fashioned southern charm.

10. Some local love -Ok, so I can open my door and travel to my city...but I add this one because I've come across several books that are set in my county or a surrounding county. And, well, there is nothing like reading about a place and shouting out to the empty room that you KNOW WHERE/WHAT the author is talking about.


What is your Top Ten this week?

14 comments:

  1. Great list! It's so funny that more books about the American South are on so many lists today. I guess authors and publishers should take notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because really, what's not to love about a good old southern accent? *swoons*

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I live in the Philippines and sadly there are not much books that are set in our country (though there are some movies tho!) so I like your idea about local books! And me too, I don't read much NA contemporary so I'd like to get more into it this year.

    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, I cannot think of a single book set in the Philippines. Which is a shame.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Cool list. Ooh I really enjoy reading books set in places I live, or have lived, or at least am familiar with. It really helps me dive into the story. So I like your #10 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read quite a few books that mention where I live or where a relative lives and then I enter the zone. I have to immediately tell people, because it's like I'm there with the characters. The story really comes alive then.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I love traveling books. It's like you can go somewhere new without moving, or the revisit somewhere you miss. It also inspires me to travel more. I love contemporary YA, I read so much of it. I definitely need to branch out and read more other kinds of genres of books. I can't actually remember the last historical fiction that I read. I'm hesitant about fantasy because the rule with me is that I generally don't like it. There've been exceptions to the rule but very few.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I could fill up my passport with stamps from books. I might actually have one.

      You're one of the people I'm taking contemporary YA suggestions from this year. So the pressure is on. lol.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I love stories set in fantastical lands (um, Harry Potter) and I agree, I'd also like to see more set in the south. Not YA, but Joshilyn Jackson is an amazing southern author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't heard of Joshilyn Jackson. But I'll have to look into her books.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I love when a story is set in an exotic and far away land!
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only time I really get to travel to far off places is in books/movies, so I have to make them count.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Oh man, your first three genres mentioned are my favorite genres so, yeah, I too would love to read more books in those genres. Especially the sci-fi - a genre a love but seldom read. Anyway, here's my list:
    http://pagesofstarlight.blogspot.com/2014/01/top-ten-things-on-my-reading-wislist.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sci-fi seems to be making a comeback lately. Maybe it'll replace dystopians as the new trend?

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...