Top Ten Tuesday - Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (29)

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Paper Bindings | Top Ten Tuesday - Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (29)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2014.

Blog Related:


01.  Plan more in advance - Most of my blogging history has been as finished/written. Which meant that I had no buffer once I used the few "extra" reviews that I had. During December, I managed to plan out all of my non-review posts in advance, and had a more time to focus on other aspects of the blog and write actual reviews. Going to work really hard over the next few weeks to create myself a nice little page buffer.

02. Come up with a better review format - This one is two fold. In part, I want to redesign how my reviews look on my blog. I'm only half happy with what I have. Never updated that part once I had the little blog redesign a while back so it needs refreshing. I also want to restructure my actual review formula I have for writing my reviews. I've started this a bit, as you might have noticed over the last few reviews. But I haven't finalized anything yet.

03. Host more author features - I really like doing these guys. They are fun and informative.

04.  Join Netgalley - I have been toying with this idea for a while now. I think I am actually going to seriously consider this for 2014. Which may sound like a bit of procrastination or what not, but for me, it's gone from an 'eh?' to a 'most likely.'

05.  Social Media - I am going to try to use social media more, especially in conjunction with my blog. I have been on twitter for a bit, and just recently joined tumblr.


Book related:

06. Organize my books - If you never hear from me again, it is because the Leaning Tower of Bookdom finally collapsed and squashed me. I purchased a new bookcase, so it's time to tackle that pile and all those randomly placed and double rows of shelved books, and give them a home of their own.

07. Trim Books - Speaking of taming my pile of owned books, I need to *gulp* get rid of a few of the "will never touch again" books I own. Library, I'll have a pile for you soon.


And because it must be done:


08. Attend a book signing or convention - Another year has come and went without me getting the opportunity to attend either one. So I MUST go to one this year. I need to...

09.  Add to my signature collection *ties into above* - Most of you probably do not know this, but I collect signatures, especially signed bookmarks from my favorite authors.

10. Read my current owned TBR pile before taking out anymore library books - Aside from my book club books, that is. I'm drowning in book piles and also need to trim down my book numbers. This is a good solution to both.


What is your Top Ten this week?

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with all of your goals. I joined Netgalley last year and love it.

    I, too, am trying to read more of the books I already own.

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/01/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-goals-for-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hear lots of good things about netgalley, so that one I am looking forward too.

      I think owning books you haven't read and then keep adding to that pile, is a book blogger/reader requirement.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Love the list! good luck with all your resolutions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. The planning in advance is such a good one. I use excel to help me keep on track and now I pretty much scheduled a month in advance. It totally takes the stress of balancing school and blogging. I hope you can find that balance too. You should totally sign up for Netgalley, girlie.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An excel chart, I never thought about that one since I don't use it too often, but I think that may help some. Will look into it.

      Netgalley, I know, I know. I feel like I'm not a real book blogger because I am not on there yet.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Great list of goals :) I have just redesigned my blog and has a bit more tweaking to do on things but overall I am pleased with the way things are going. I know I have so many books I need to read on my TBR shelves too. NetGalley can be dangerous to that TBR shelf/list. ;-)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like blogs are always a work in progress, there is always something left to tweak.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Definitely join Netgalley it is very useful. I have never been to a book signing or a convention, but I also want to go to a few this year! Love the list :-)
    New e-mail follower.
    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone seems to like the netgalley goal, will have to get to that this weekend. I'm hoping to find a convention/signing near me. What would be really useful is a list of all the ones that take place each year to find out where they are. I always hear about them after it is too late to request off of work.

    Thank you for following and stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...