Top Ten Tuesday - 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For (30)

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Paper Bindings | Top Ten Tuesday - 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For (30)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For.


Because I need to read more contemporary books:


01.  Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas - This book sounds like a great story, plus it sounds like it will have some humor mixed in. And I've read a couple positive reviews that make it seem like something I would enjoy.

02. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy - This is one of those books where I'm not sure why I want to read it, I just feel I have to. Anything that has someone sick in it, is guaranteed to make me cry. I know it. (For that reason, I don't read sad books, FYI.) So I'm not too sure why I want to read this. But surprisingly I do.



Because I love fantasy:

03. Defy by Sarah B. Larson - I've never been a fan of the girls disguising themselves as boys plot line until I read Eon. This one seems like it has similar potential.

04. Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne - A pretty cover with a kitty knocker? *lured in* Assassins? *intrigued* Vows, vengeance, tested loyalties? *sold*

05. Stolen Songbird by Danielle Jensen - I saw this book on someone's Waiting On Wednesday post and absolutely adore the cover and blurb. Plus, trolls, when do I ever get to read about trolls?


Because sci-fi owns my soul:

06. Alienated by Melissa Landers - This book sounds perfect for me. It promises much, and has a pretty package. Really looking forward to this one. 

07. Salvage by Alexandra Duncan - I really, really wanted to read more books in space, and this one sucked me in from the first sentence of the blurb. 'Betrayal, banishment, and death'? I must know why! 



And all the rest:

08. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings -This book just sounds so good! I cannot wait to read this one.

09. Fates by Lanie Bross -I admit it, I like books with starcrossed lover plots. 'Destined to kill the one you love'? Sounds interesting, in a fated vs free choice sort of way.

10. Hexed by Michelle Krys -This just promises all the things I like in my YA witchy books.


What is your Top Ten this week?

6 comments:

  1. If you like sci-fi, you should check out Avalon by Mindee Arnett. It sounds awesome, and the cover is gorgeous!!

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good, I'll have to check it out.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I finished Ask Again Later and I thought it was really cute, so you have that to look forward to and I just started Side Effects May Vary. I'm loving the overlap we have and now I have to check out some of these other titles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. I also am loving the overlap. It's great that you read a lot of contemporary books and I am trying to venture further into the genre. Having someone with similar opinions on books is helping me find a better selection of books.

      (We shall not mention my TBR list's expanding weight though. lol.)

      Delete
  3. Great list! I'm so excited for so many of these and a few made my list too. I read and loved Alienated, I can't wait to get my hands on the finished hardback! I'm really excited to read my ARC of Side Effects, it looks so good! There seems to be so many good books coming out in 2014, I'm not sure where I'll find the time to read them all. I hope you get to all of your picks :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another person giving one of these books a good review. 2014 seems to be the year of promising books. I hope they all live up to the hype.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...