Waiting on...a southern belle (29)

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Weekly book Meme hosted Breaking the Spine.


Title: Rebel Belle #1
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Genre: YA - Paranormal
Release Date: April 8th, 2014

Goodreads
"Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more."

Why?:

Because I adore this author's other series and have been looking forward to reading this one since I first heard about it. Plus, it just sounds so adorable, and fun. Snappy banter? I am so there.

What is your waiting on pick of the week?

6 comments:

  1. I know! It sounds adorable AND hilarious :) Great choice! I think Rachel Hawkins always writes adorable, lighthearted rom-coms with a paranormal touch (like Hex Hall) which I love <3

    Sel @ Bookcase to Heaven™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, doesn't she. She's been one of my favorites since I stumbled upon the Hex Hall series last year or so.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I did a WoW on this a couple of weeks myself just because it Rachel Hawkins and I know she will bring the funnies and the romance. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's always good for a great story and a lovable book boyfriend. :)

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I'm so in love with this cover. Ever since it was first released I thought it was kick ass, and I still do. I wasn't really a fan of the Hex Hall series but I hope you enjoy this series!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is kick ass! I can just picture the heroine already, :)

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...