Top Ten Tuesdays - Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013 (26)

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Paper Bindings | Top Ten Tuesdays - Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013 (26)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten New To Me Authors I Read in 2013. Below you'll see the covers of the first book I read by them.


Paranormal Authors for the win:
01.  Nina Berry - Shifters are my weakness in books. I will read nearly any book if it has a shifter in it. So when the super nice author had a contest for the first two books of the series, I had to enter. Besides the first book was on my TBR list for a while. It shocked me to actually win the contest. When my prizes arrived, I devoured them. The author created a fascinating world with a shifter mythology I loved. When this series comes to an end, I will read whatever comes next by this author.

02. Cecy Robson - Because I expected book one to be just another paranormal romance book. But I was very wrong, and glad to be. I loved this series. Anyone that makes me want to buy the book I just got from the library is a good author in my mind.

03. Molly Harper -Cooking contest and vampires? Was not excepting to enjoy that short story. But I did. Fun characters with a southern flair. Looking forward to reading all the book by this author.



Some YA love:

04. Leigh Bardugo -This author created so many swoon worthy guys and tossed them into one series. I'm sold, fan for life. Joking aside, this author turned a book I initially skipped over into one that I now have to own.

05. Susan Ee - This author wins the award for making me love an angel book. It is a bigger feat than it sounds as I tend to skip over books that focus on angels. But the author created such fun characters in a world I would never want to visit for all the money in the world, and make me love the book.



And some more YA love:

06. Alison Goodman -This was one of those random books I picked up. But the author had such a way creating these characters and her world, that I loved the book so much, I immediately bought book two. Now to find the time to read it.

07. Sarah J. Maas -Assassins and kingdoms. Such fun. I was hooked from the beginning of book one, and now am a fan for life.

08. Bridget Zinn - I was really saddened to hear this author passed away. But I am really glad her family was able to ensure her dream of being a published author came to light.



Because every once in a while, you need a good love story:


09. Tessa Dare - I won her book through goodreads and feel in love. This author writes great historical romances, I am currently working on reading all of the books she has out.

10. Denise Grover Swank - I won a few books from this author at the end of last year through the Christmas giveaway blog hop. I didn't get to read them until this year, but I adore the series.

What is your Top Ten this week?

6 comments:

  1. Susan Ee is on my list as well. I really enjoyed Angelfall and I can't wait to start World After. I've been wanting to read Throne of Glass for a while now and I'm excited to read it. Great Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited for World After. It just happened to fall into my cart when I saw it at the supermarket the other day. What can I say? Accidents happen. ^_^

      Book two of the Throne of Glass series is even better than book one. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Looooooooove Leigh Bardugo! Great choice! Huh...a few people mentioned Susan Ee. I'm not a fan of angel books. I've been looking for a new one since my love of Cynthia Hand's UNEARTHLY! Alison Goodman and Sarah J. Maas are great choices! And I almost put Bridget Zinn, but since she won't have future books... Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually a fan of angel books either. They tend to be too preachy or just an excuse for a hot man to have no shirt on. I've read the first book in the series, it's different, yet has a great cast. I guess I like angel books where they aren't always perfect or always the good guys.

      (Bridget Zinn) I almost didn't either. But then I thought about it, and decided that if I loved the book enough to buy it after I borrowed it from the library, she deserved a place on my list.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Major love for Leigh Bardugo. I was so late to the series and hesitant because I don't really like fantasy, but then I got the book on sale and read it and I'm so freaking happy to jump on the bandwagon. I can't wait for the last book. I love the Darkling so much and I still am holding out hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't going to read it at first because some one told me it was "one of those series." As in the ones that are freakishly popular for no real reason, so I skipped it. Then randomly found the first 5 chapters available for free on Barnes and Noble, so I picked it up. Finished reading the sample chapters, got into my car, and drove to my library.

      And the Darkling is so great. You hate him, you love him, you love to hate him. He is one of those great complex characters.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...