The Time I Was Forced To Read A Book And Hated It | The 'Eh' Files (1)

Monday, December 30, 2013

Paper Bindings | The Eh Files

For all those books rated from DNF to, but not including, three stars, I present to you The 'Eh' Files. At the end of each month I'll be listing all those books that make this category. Since I am aware that some books that are not my cup of tea, but may be something other readers enjoy, I'll include a couple of sentences explaining my rating choice.


So here is the latest batch:

* Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris - 1/5 stars




Not my cup of tea at all. It was rather depressing and read like a diary entry...except I didn't know or care enough about the characters to follow the stories. Even the dash of humor in it couldn't win me over. And certainly not a book I'd choose to read as a holiday time book.



2 comments:

  1. Funny that you wouldn't read it over the holidays considering the title lol! I also really like the concept of the "Eh" files, great idea. :)

    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "ice" part of that title was right. It was a collection of the most disturbing and depressing collection of short stories that happened to take place near the holidays, that I have ever read. I was expecting something a tad more upbeat.

      The Eh Files is something I've thought about doing for a while, but was afraid people might think of it as "book bashing."

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...