The Vampire With The Dragon Tattoo | Review

Monday, December 16, 2013


Title: The Vampire With The Dragon Tattoo (Love At Stake series #14)
Author: Kerrelyn Sparks
Goodreads
"He's Out of Control
Dougal Kincaid has something to prove. After being injured in a battle with the Malcontents, he's ready for active duty protecting unsuspecting mortals from these villainous vampires who want to rule the world. But first he has to get control of himself . . . because just the sight of a certain lovely doctor has his injured hand doing some peculiar things, not to mention the sizzling sensation that burns along his dragon tattoo.

Vampires? Vampires?! As a scientist, Leah is having trouble believing that these immortal creatures exist. But there they are, standing in front of her, asking for help in solving a genetic puzzle that can save mankind. There's even one in a sexy kilt! Just one look into Dougal's gorgeous green eyes sets her pulse racing. But can she trust him—and the overwhelming desire that refuses to be ignored?"
RELATED: The Forbidden Lady (Historical #1) | Wild About You (Love at Stake #13) | How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake #15) | Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire (Love at Stake #16)


While Dougal is not my favorite vampire of the series, I do adore him. After all he's been through I was looking forward to him getting his own happy ever after. I liked this book, it had the same humor I've grown to love, along with cameos of some of my favorites from the series. Plot wise, it was entertaining enough to keep me interested. But, for once in this series, I'm not entirely a fan of the romance.

I didn't hate Dougal or Leah character-wise, but I'm not a fan of them together. It was very insta. He's all gung ho, because he believes she is the reincarnation of his lost love...but he's not really sure. Which normally would be ok, but there was something about the approach that I wasn't a fan of. And she just seems a little too resistant to finding out our heroes aren't really human. I just, I don't know.

Don't get me wrong, even considering all that, I did enjoy this book. This story takes us back to China, and ties in a few things left open from previous books. It all feels like it's drawing to a close and there is a huge battle on the horizon. I'm really looking forward to finding out where the next book takes us.

So, while not the best book the author has written, it was worth reading if your a fan of this series.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet. I've heard good things but I think the series has reached its peak earlier and the last few books haven't been as great. So I've taken a break. But I want to read this one soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not as big of a fan of the Chinese Vampire -whose name I can never remember- baddie plot. It's interesting, but I preferred the other big baddie. (who's name I cannot recall off the top of my head.

      I think the series is almost finished with what she has contracts for. Unless that has changed and I hadn't heard yet.

      Delete
    2. *Feels like an idiot* Totally got distracted by thoughts of dishy vampires and shifters and forgot to thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series and was really intrigued by the summary but it's the 14 of a series? Eeek. Maybe if I ever have the time, I'll start it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems daunting, but it's actually not that bad. They are about 300ish pages long and they fly by. If you enjoy paranormal romances, then I recommend the series whenever you get a chance.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...