Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Recommend (22)

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Paper Bindings | Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Recommend (22)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten Eight books I'd recommend to _____. For this week, I chose my bookclub ladies.

(Hear that guys? Read these books because I say so. ^_^ )

Because I'd follow this hero/heroine:

01.  The Girl of Fire and Thrones #1 by Rae Carson - Elisa may not start out as queen material, but she quickly grows. By the time the end of the series comes around, I'd have to say she is one of the few whom I'd actually want to lead me into battle. This series is fun, quick, and well written. It has adventure, romance, friendship, and mystery.


Because re-imaginings can be fun:
02. Alice in Zombieland #1 by Gena Showalter -  I really dislike Alice in Wonderland, really just not a fan. And, while I may love zombie movies and games, I really do not read much zombie books. But this series has an interesting take on both things that I just had to like the book.

03.  Cinder #1 by Marissa Meyer - I'll admit it, this is one of those books I thought I was going to hate when I first picked it up. (Don't stone me!) But this series is well written with fascinating characters that it leaves you with no other option but to be a fan. I loved the way the author weaves the different fairy tales together in this series, yet keeps the whole thing unique.


Because I rather enjoyed these books:
04. Poison by Bridget Zinn -This one came out of no where for me. I saw the cover, and was tempted to dismiss it as only pretty cover. But a reviewer who I tend to agree with loved it, so I tried it. I'm really glad I got a chance to read this book. The plot was interesting, the characters fascinating, and I really loved the world the author created.

05. Poison Study #1 by Maria V. Snyder -*cough cough* already on the book club list *cough cough*

06. Angelfall #1 by Susan Ee - Because this book came out of no where, whacked me over the head, and stole the show. I was surprised how much I loved this book since I rarely like angel books.


And because this series keeps getting better:
07. Throne of Glass #1 by Sarah J. Maas -While there was a couple things in this book that I questioned, the story was enjoyable. Plus book two just kept on delivering.

08. Shadow and Bone #1 by Leigh Bardugo -I always love a book that can make me love and hate the baddie at the same time. Interesting world, characters minus one, that I liked. I'm sorry Mal, I just don't like you at all. All this, plus we get Strumhond in book two. Apparently the author offers us more lovelies in the next book.


What is your Top Ten this week?

8 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR LIST!! I've read most of the books here and I can say that those are really amazing!

    TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some of my favorites from the last few years too. :)

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Great list, so many good books there!
    My TTT

    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now I find myself wanting to reread all of them. ^_-

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I loved the Poison Study Series. I need to read the second Shadow and Bone book. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's even better than the first one.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I think I just fell in love with your list. Is that even possible? Well apparently it is because we're getting married next week. I love the collection of books you have here, I've read most of them and I'm now planning on reading the rest! Yay, I love it when I meet a fellow book lover with great taste.

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggles* So what's an appropriate wedding gift these days? Why do I get the feeling it's one of those fancy bookshelves set ups?

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...