Review - Othermoon

Monday, November 11, 2013

Title: Othermoon #2
Author: Nina Berry

Goodreads
"Everyone has secrets. I had no idea mine would lead me into shadow. Dez has found the place where she belongs. With the otherkin. With Caleb. Or so she thought. As the barriers between our world and Othersphere fall, a wall rises between Dez and Caleb, leaving her fiercest enemy her only friend.

And maybe something more.

Now Dez must make a devastating choice: keep the love of her life, or save the otherkin from annihilation."
RELATED: Otherkin // Othersphere


Othermoon picked up a little after where Otherkin left off. Ximon and his group broke into each member of Dez's friends homes. Something was taken from them. On top of dealing with setting up a a new school and starting again, they must deal with another diabolical plot against themselves.

All your favorites are back for more adventure, danger, and romance. I loved learning more about them and watching their relationships grow and change. Out of all of them I must admit the scenes with Lazar were the ones I enjoyed the most. I loved and hated him at the same time. And that shocked me. After everything he did in book one, I expected to loath him. Something about how he acted in this book affected me as much as it did Dez.

This book is more than another attack on the otherkin. It is a question about self. Dez has to make a choice: appease her friends or trust herself and do what she believes is right. The choice could cost her everything but her integrity. It was well done and true to her characters. I loved that added aspect to the storyline.

I flew through this book. The story was well written and fast paced. It felt like both a continuation of the first book and a whole new adventure woven together. Normally I have issues with second books or feel like they were a let down than the first, but this one proved an exception. In fact with the added character depth, increased drama, and Dez's internal struggle I may have enjoyed this book even more than the last. Even if the ending left me speechless and counting down until the next book releases.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the first book, so I need to read this one sometime soon, too! I'm glad to hear it was a quick, entertaining read. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe I saw your review of the first one and that was why I added it to my TBR list. :) It was a pretty good read, I'm sure you will like it.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...