Top Ten Tuesdays - Best/Worst Series Enders

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Paper Bindings | Top Ten Tuesdays - Best/Worst Series Enders
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders.

This is a hard list for me to come up with. Most of the books I read are standalones, part of an ongoing series, or something I want to/don't want to read the rest of. I have made it a goal for fall 2013 to actually finish the series that I started where the books are all out. We'll see how that goes.

Anywho, here is my list. My really short list. But because of all the time I spent thinking on this, I figured I should still post something.

Best Endings:

01.  The Dark and Hollow Places #3 by Carrie Ryan - By far the best of the three. Annah is the best, most likable/cheerable (as in cheering on, wanting to succeed) heroine of the three books. And Catcher? Oh I so loved him. The plot was entertaining. I'm really glad I stumble upon this series by randomly searching names in barnes and noble's search engine. (I'm not that weird I swear. I couldn't remember the name of the author I was looking for, so I was searching ones I thought were close. Turns out I was off, but hey, great series. Cannot complain.)

02. The Bitter Kingdom #3 by Rae Carson - Oh I am so happy with this book.  I won't say much since it just came out not too long ago. But I picked up book one on a whim, and really liked it. Great story, great characters, and book three is my favorite of all. I was a little curious as to how the author would tie everything up -and there was a lot left- but she did such a wonderful job that I am planning on asking for the set for the holidays because I must own this book.

03. With All My Soul #7 by Rachel Vincent - I don't know if this is my favorite book of the series or not, but I really loved this ending. This book makes up for the last few that contained story parts that annoyed me. (I blame Nash, I really do.) But this book wrapped up those plots in a manner that I felt ok with and less irritated with. I do like the ending and how the author wraps up the demons storyline. Not what I was imagining in my head while reading the last few books, so that was a pleasant surprise for me. Plus, Tod. Need I say more? Oh, ok, I will. Tod, I've loved you since your novella, can I please kidnap steal ----- *Carrie is sent flying into a wall.*



Worst Endings:

I couldn't think of any.
What is your Top Ten this week?

4 comments:

  1. The Dark & Hollow Places and The Bitter Kingdom were epic!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* I am so glad I gave them a chance.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I got an ARC of Bitter Kingdom months and months ago, and I STILL haven't read it. I need to get on it.

    Kate @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* If you liked the other two, than I am sure it will be worth the wait for you.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...