Review - If I Should Die

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Title: If I Should Die #3
Author: Amy Plum

Goodreads
"I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?"
Much better than the last book. For the most past I did have a few issues with it. I still don't particularly care for Kate. She wasn't as obviously blind and naive as she was in the last book. So think heavens for that. But there was still something about her that irked me. Of course, that could have something to do with Jules not being Jules because he's pinning over the one girl he couldn't have. Le sigh. She's just too perfect, even with her flaws. That said, I don't hate her character. I just didn't read the book because of her.

I think I liked Vincent more in this book than in the last two. He kind of grew on me. Or maybe I'm hearing voices telling me to say this. Could be either. ^_^ Seriously, when I first met him in book one, I thought he lacked something. I'm not afraid to admit I liked the concept of the story, but was a little iffy about the main characters. (Loved the secondary ones though.) But something about his previous, book two ending events, changed him. He grew up some and I approve.

Plotwise, a lot happens in this book. Or rather, a lot is tossed at you as all the strings come together. It's a step up from the last book. While the "big" spoiler is obvious, heck it was obvious as soon as it was mentioned in the last book, the rest of the information Kate and Co. gathered was interesting. I especially liked the bit with the auras. Very fascinating.

If I am honest with myself, and I try to be, the only part I really didn't like was the spoiler mentioned above. Not a big spoiler if you've read the previous books/novella, but I hated that storyline. The character in particular was my favorite, and by the end it was like 'oops, wasted my time liking the character' due to the huge, unresolved change.

Would I read something else by this author? Yes.


“Feelings change with time - or at least pain lessens with time; I know that from experience.”

“The owner of the boom box marches over and turns the music down. He shrugs when he sees me staring. "Hey, noise pollution elicits fewer phone calls to the police than screaming and battle sounds. At least, that's the case in Berlin," he says.”

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...