Show Don't Tell | The Bone Witch | ARC Review

Monday, February 20, 2017


Paper Bindings | Show Don't Tell | The Bone Witch | ARC Review | TITLE: The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch #1) AUTHOR: Rin Chupeco RELEASE DATE: March 7th 2017 PUBLISHER: Sourcebooks Fire | DNF (Did not finish) @ 5%
TITLE: The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch #1)
AUTHOR: Rin Chupeco
RELEASE DATE: March 7th 2017
PUBLISHER: Sourcebooks Fire
add to goodreads

“When Tea accidentally resurrects her brother from the dead, she learns she is different from the other witches in her family. Her gift for necromancy means that she’s a bone witch, a title that makes her feared and ostracized by her community. But Tea finds solace and guidance with an older, wiser bone witch, who takes Tea and her brother to another land for training.

In her new home, Tea puts all her energy into becoming an asha — one who can wield elemental magic. But dark forces are approaching quickly, and in the face of danger, Tea will have to overcome her obstacles…and make a powerful choice.”


DNF (Did Not Finish) @ 5%



I found The Bone Witch to be:

  • Massively Disappointing
  • All Telling
  • Confusing

The cover of The Bone Witch lured me in.


When I first saw the book, I knew I wanted to read it. When I saw it was available to review on Netgalley, I was quick to request it.

However, I was also quick to put this book down.

I even broke my 10% Rule when it comes to reading books because this book just did not work at all for me.

The Bone Witch was very confusing.


It alternated, at least as far as I read, between someone talking to the girl post everything that happened to get her story, and the girl before everything happened.

Whatever that everything may be.

Nothing made sense. It was filled with names and boring world data that was just kind of dumped on us. Then random things were explained in detail. I’m sorry, but I don’t care why you’re named Tea when your sisters are plants and your brothers are animals.

Nothing happened in that first 5% of the book. Absolutely nothing. We were just told things that I guess were supposed to make us care and be intrigued, but I tuned it out. Tuned it all out to the point where I didn’t even have the drive to skim read this book to make it to 10%. 


Goodreads Updates

Paper Bindings | The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch #1) by Rin Chupeco | Goodreads Updates

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...