The Eh Files | #ARCAugust Edition

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Paper Bindings | The Eh Files


For all those books rated from DNF to, but not including, three stars, I present to you The 'Eh' Files. At the end of each month I'll be listing all those books that make this category. Since I am aware that some books that are not my cup of tea, but may be something other readers enjoy, I'll include a couple of sentences explaining my rating choice.


So here is the latest batch:

  • The Dragon Waking by Grayson Towler
  • The Call by Peader O Guilin
  • Remnants of Trust (Central Crops #1) by Elizabeth Bonesteel
  • Thronghost by Tone Almhjell
  • Girl In Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow





Paper Bindings | The Eh Files | #ARCAugust Edition | ★★ Title: The Dragon Waking Author: Grayson Towler Release Date: August 1st 2016 Publisher: Albert Whitman & Company
★★
Author: Grayson Towler
Release Date: August 1st 2016
Publisher: Albert Whitman & Company


The Dragon Waking was a very, very young middle grade novel. At times it felt like the main character was in elementary school and not a 13 year old. I don't know it that played a part in it, or if it was simply the story itself, but I found the plot very cheesy. Sadly, even though it was focused on dragons, The Dragon Waking was rather boring. I don't think any of the characters were well developed at all. It was really hard to get into this book.




Paper Bindings | The Eh Files | #ARCAugust Edition | DNF Title: The Call Author: Peadar Ó Guilín Release Date: August 30th 2016 Publisher: David Fickling Books
DNF
Title: The Call
Author: Peadar Ó Guilín
Release Date: August 30th 2016
Publisher: David Fickling Books


The Call was really bad, at least what I read of it was. The reader is dumped in this world that doesn't make sense, with little actual information, but a whole lot of meaningless names tossed at you. The main character and her BFF were rather annoying, I couldn't follow them anymore. I don't care about her relationship or non relationship with Anto. I don't understand the point of this book. Maybe there was a satisfying answer about why the call was taking place at the end, but frankly, this book annoyed me a lot so I had to put it down.




Paper Bindings | The Eh Files | #ARCAugust Edition | DNF Title: Remnants of Trust (Central Corps #2) Author: Elizabeth Bonesteel Release Date: November 8th 2016 Publisher: Harper Voyager
DNF
Author: Elizabeth Bonesteel
Release Date: November 8th 2016
Publisher: Harper Voyager


I'm not sure why I tried to read this one after book one failed to win me over. But I had to put this book down because I just don't care about the characters or plot at all.









Paper Bindings | The Eh Files | #ARCAugust Edition | DNF Title: Thornghost Author: Tone Almhjell Release Date: August 16th 2016 Publisher: Dial Books
DNF
Author: Tone Almhjell
Release Date: August 16th 2016
Publisher: Dial Books


I'll admit I quit Thornghost kind of early, but the book was just plain boring. I really didn't like my first impression of Niklas and didn't have any desire to help him go look for the sheep he stole and lured into the woods before they got eaten and the book's plot "really" took off.







Paper Bindings | The Eh Files | #ARCAugust Edition | DNF Title: Girl in Pieces Author: Kathleen Glasgow Release Date: September 6th 2016 Publisher: Delacorte Press
DNF
Title: Girl in Pieces
Author: Kathleen Glasgow
Release Date: September 6th 2016
Publisher: Delacorte Press


I tried but I just could not get into the book from the start. The writing was just not for me.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...