Week Three Update | ARC August 2016

Monday, August 22, 2016

Paper Bindings | Week Three Update | ARC August 2016



Welcome to my third ARC August 2016 recap! ARC August is a reading challenge where you try to make a dent in your ARC pile and get those review rations up on Netgalley and Edelweiss.


My Goals:

I'm hoping to read 20 books for ARC August.



Books I Read This Week:

Girl In Pieces by Kathleen GlasgowDNF: 
I tried but I just could not get into the book from the start. The writing was just not for me.






The Girl Who Drank The Moon by Kelly Barnhill

DNF: 
This one was very dry and boring, I just could not get into it.






It's Not Me, It's You by Stephanie Kate Strohm

DNF:
The funny thing about this book's title, is that it is exactly how I feel about this book. It's Not Me, It's You sounded interesting. But I didn't realize the book was told interview style. It reads like someone wrote down a ridiculous teenager interview with random tangents. This book was just not for me.


Still Life With Tornado by A. S. King



DNF:
I tried to like this book. But ultimately, I had to put it down. This book was very boring and long winded. I didn't care for the characters, and the more I read, the less I cared for the plot. This book was just not for me.


Bone Gap by Laura Ruby




DNF:
I couldn't get into this one at all. It was just like beating my head against a window, trying to see inside a store. It didn't work for me.

The Castle of Kings by Oliver Potzsch






DNF: 
I tried to get into this one, but I couldn't. It was very boring for me, and I just didn't care about the characters or the plot at all.


Resurrecting Sunshine by Lisa A Koosis





DNF: 
This one just started off on the wrong foot and never managed to capture my attention.




Gilt Hollow by Lorie Langdon


DNF: 
I tried to get into this book, but ultimately, it wasn't for me. I didn't really like the plot at all.




Afterward by Jennifer Mathiew


DNF:
I couldn't get into this one at all. Plus I think the guy didn't sound much like a guy, so it made it hard to be in his head at times.





Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid

DNF: 
I tried, but this book wasn't for me. Couldn't get into it at all.

Futhermore by Tahereh Mafi







DNF: 
This one was kind of a let down. I really didn't like anything about it at all. It was kind of boring and uninteresting from the start.









All The Books I've Read For This Challenge:

The Flame Never Dies (The Stars Never Rise #2) by Rachel VincentReawakened (Recreated #2) by Colleen HouckThe Dragon Waking by Grayson TowlerThe Call by Peadar O'GuilinRemnants of Trust (Central Crops #2) by Elizabeth BonesteelThornghost by Tone AlmhjellGirl In Pieces by Kathleen GlasgowThe Girl Who Drank The Moon by Kelly BarnhillIt's Not Me, It's You by Stephanie Kate StrohmBone Gap by Laura RubyThe Castle of Kings by Oliver PotzschResurrecting Sunshine by Lisa A KoosisGilt Hollow by Lorie LangdonAfterward by Jennifer MathiewNever Always Sometimes by Adi AlsaidFuthermore by Tahereh Mafi


How many books are you hoping to read for ARC August? Have we read any of the same books? What is one book you read for the challenge that you would recommend the most?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...