I'm Still Suffering From The Feels This Book Incited | The Retribution of Mara Dyer | Review

Thursday, August 11, 2016


Paper Bindings | I'm Still Suffering From The Feels This Book Incited | The Retribution of Mara Dyer | Review | TITLE: The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) AUTHOR: Michelle Hodkin RELEASE DATE: November 3rd 2015 b PUBLISHER: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers ★★★★
TITLE: The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3)
AUTHOR: Michelle Hodkin
RELEASE DATE: November 3rd 2015 b
PUBLISHER: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
add to goodreads

“Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.
There is.

She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.

Retribution has arrived.”




RELATED: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer | The Evolution of MaraDyer

I found The Retribution of Mara Dyer to be:

  • Delightfully Twisted
  • A Wonderful Conclusion to A Wonderful Trilogy

The Retribution of Mara Dyer will mess you up.


Seriously.

This book was twisted, and will have you rooting for the crazy people. Because the stuff that happens in this book….oh my god.

For the last two books we have been getting snippets about what was really going on and glimpses of the players in the game that were holding all the cards. Mara and crew had to fight, steal, and sneak around to get answers, but answers they did get.

Michelle Hodkin did a fantastic job of seeding the clues in the previous books because when the reader finally understands what has been happening and why everything has occurred, it’ll leave you speechless.

The climax of The Retribution of Mara Dyer hurt.


I cannot tell you why, because of spoilers, but I’m still not over the emotional pain this book put me through.

Over the course of three books, I really began to identify with Mara. I understood her, I wanted to help her, and I wanted her to break free. The combination of love, pain, anger, understanding, and acceptance at the end, was really powerful. Even if you’ve never dealt with anything like she was facing, I think even your average reader will connect with her at the moment.

The only thing that gave me pause was the romance.


This will be hard to say without spoilers, so I apologize for being extra vague.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Noah and Mara together, I really do. But there were times reading these three books that I couldn’t see what he saw in her. It almost felt like he “needed” to be with her because he craved her. Fast forward to a certain scene in The Retribution of Mara Dyer, and my hesitation resurfaced once again, and it was all I could think about.

The whole thing just forced me to step back and reevaluate how I felt about them as a couple. And honestly, I’m not as sure of them now as I was in the beginning.


Overall

I loved the way the Mara Dyer series ended. The Retribution of Mara Dyer was a fantastic thriller and I loved nearly every minute of it. I highly recommend this trilogy. And if you are like me, and love it, then you can eagerly await the spin off series following the characters with me.

Official Judgement

Read it. The Mara Dyer series was complex, full of interesting characters, and had a plot that will leave you wanting more.


Quotations

“Everyone’s a little crazy. Some people just hide it better than others.” (page 96)

“I’d grown tired of pretending to be someone else just so I could be safe for others. I wanted to be who I was.” (page 292)

“Maybe sometimes we can only see the truth about ourselves if someone else shows us where to look.” (page 441)


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...