How Did I Do? | Make Me Read It Readathon

Monday, July 18, 2016

Paper Bindings | How Did I Do? | Make Me Read It Readathon | "I sent out a call for help and you guys voted. The books were assembled and time was fought. I read, but did I conquer?"

In case you missed it,  I decided to sign up for the Make Me Read It Readathon hosted by Ely and Val.

I sent out a call for help and you guys voted. The books were assembled and time was fought. I read, but did I conquer?



The Details:

  • Readathon is from July 9th through July 16th, 2016.
  • I will be posting my recap post on July 18th, 2016 so you can see how I did.
  • Make Me Read It Readathon official rules can be found here.



The Chosen Books: (listed by decreasing percentage)

Sequels/New Books & Series together

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle HodkinDaughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini TaylorThe Rose And The Dagger by Renee AheiehThe Winner's Crime By Marie RutkoskiA Gathering of Shadows By VE SchwabThe Girl From Everywhere by Heidi HeiligEnd of Days by Susan EeFalling Kingdoms by Morgan RhodesThe Storyspinner by Becky WallaceThe Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye


The Books I Read:

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle HodkinDaughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

And I'm still working on:
The Rose And The Dagger by Renee Aheieh


My Thoughts:

During the Make Me Read It Readathon I did worse than I thought I would, but not by much.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to read on Saturday or Sunday, and that I had things I needed to do on my days off this week. All of which impacted my reading time. Plus, I had to finish a review book before I could get to my "fun" reading. So I knew I was not going to start this challenge off strong.

But I absolutely adored the two books I did get to read.

Adored as in (a) immediately purchased books two and three of the Mara Dyer series and (b) was thankful I already owned the rest of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series.

So that was a win-win for me.


Did you guys sign up for the Make Me Read It Readathon? How did you do? What books/how many did you read?

2 comments:

  1. Omg HUZZAH for another fan of Mara Dyer!! I still have to read the final one (like, I just have this aversion to finishing off series I love in case the finales let me down.😂 It's so bad of me gah!) but the first two are so so so good. Noah is adorable. MARA IS TRAGICALLY ADORABLE. Basically so dark and wonderful. :')
    But hey at least you got some reading done, right?!? That's all goodness. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel about series endings. If I never read it then I can never be disappointed! But I think this is one series I might cave on because I am so curious and I need answers.

      I'm so glad I got anything read. For a bit there, it was looking like I wasn't going to have anything to add to my recap post. I would have died from embarrassment.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...