Biweekly Recap | July 4th Through July 17th, 2016

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Paper Bindings - Bi-Weekly Recap | Biweekly Recap : July 4th Through July 17th, 2016
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

New to the Wall of Shame (AKA TBR pile)

I've done well these past two weeks, no new books have been added. And after the last two weeks, this is happy news for my Wall of Shame.

But here are my most recent purchases that I never shared with you guys:


Books I Read

A Midsummer Night's Romp (Matchmaker in Wonderland #2) by Katie MacAlisterDaring In A Blue Dress (Matchmaker in Wonderland #3) by Katie MacAlisterA Dark Grave (Elysum Chronicles #0.5) by J.A. SoudersNevernight (Nevernight Chronicles #1) by Jay KristoffA Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
  • A Midsummer Night's Romp (Matchmaker in Wonderland #2) by Katie MacAlister
  • Daring In A Blue Dress (Matchmaker in Wonderland #3) by Katie MacAlister
  • A Dark Grave (Elysum Chronicles #0.5) by J.A. Souders
  • Nevernight (Nevernight Chronicles #1) by Jay Kristoff
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas


Buffy The High School Years Volume One (sampler) by Faith Erin Hicks, Yishan Li, and Joss WhedonTales of The Peculiar (sampler) by Ransom RiggsStranger The Dreamer (Strange The Dreamer #1) (sampler) by Laini TaylorThe Storybook Knight by Helen and Thomas DochertyThe Movie Version by Emma Wunsch
  • Buffy The High School Years Volume One (sampler) by Faith Erin Hicks, Yishan Li, and Joss Whedon
  • Tales of The Peculiar (sampler) by Ransom Riggs
  • Stranger The Dreamer (Strange The Dreamer #1) (sampler) by Laini Taylor
  • The Storybook Knight by Helen and Thomas Docherty
  • The Movie Version by Emma Wunsch

Rise by J. A. SoudersEmpire of Dust (Blood of Gods and Royals #2) by Eleanor HermanThe Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle HodkinDaughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini TaylorThe Romantics by Leah Konen
  • Rise (Elysum Chronicles) by J.A. Souders
  • Empire of Dust (Blood of Gods and Royals #2) by Eleanor Herman
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1) by Laini Taylor
  • The Romantics by Leah Konen

Instagram Updates


Post Schedule




How was your week? What new books did you receive? Read any new favorites?


16 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice mix of books, I love that cover of Strange the dreamer. And some of that Owlcrate stuff looks so nice. Must be fun getting those.

    Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a wide range. For once I didn't focus on one particular genre or another. The Owlcrate box was fun to get. I hope I can get another one in the future. Hope you manage to get a subscription box sometime soon.

      Thank you for stopping by and have a great week as well.

      Delete
  2. I have read Red Queen and enjoyed it a lot. I don't wear jewelry most of the time, but I do wear a lot of friendship bracelets. That's a cute one you are wearing. Nice to meet another photo fan.
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super glad to hear you've liked the Red Queen. Despite how popular it is, I haven't really talked to people who've read it. I'm so afraid to wear my bookish jewelry to most places because I'm worried about them breaking. This bracelet is definitely one of my favorites.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't know if she's selling anymore of them. But here is the creator's instagram. https://www.instagram.com/rich_love_shoppe/

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful bracelet!!!! How was Nevernight? I can't wait to read it :) Hope you have a great week!
    Here's my Sunday Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really like Nevernight. I ended up DNFing it. A lot of people told me that not too long after I quit it gets a whole lot better and the beginning is just very slow and full of world building. So I hope you like it.

      Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  5. Hi, nice bunch of books you got and read! I love that bracelet so cool! Have a great week and happy reading!

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great two weeks worth of books. The bracelet is one of my favorites.

      Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week of reading as well.

      Delete
  6. I love that you call it the "wall of shame". I'm going to call mine the bookshelf of shame. :-) Good books you've got this week!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wall of Shame goes back to before I got my furniture from storage and literally had a Wall of Shame with towers of my unread books. From then on, the name stuck. So I approve of you calling yours the Bookshelf of Shame. :)

      Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  7. I'm such a sucker for second hand book shops - I never buy new books because the sticker shock just sends me reeling, but second hand books are my weakness, I simply can't resist cheap books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are only a few books I buy new nowadays (unless I have a gift card or there is a great sale on them/they're clearance) and those are the ones I preorder so I'm reasonable sure I'm going to love them. My used book store literally owns a small piece of me. My credit with them from trading books in is a little ridiculous. I have to read faster so I can buy more.

      Thank you for stopping by and have a great week.

      Delete
  8. How did you feel about Daughter of Smoke and Bone? It's one of my all time favorites so I'm always interested in people's reactions, good and bad. I'm ridiculously excited for Strange the Dreamer to be published. Sidenote: Let's all take a moment to appreciate that you call your TBR the wall of shame :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daughter of Smoke and Bones isn't at all what I thought it was going to be. But despite that, I rather loved the book. I can't wait to dive into book two. But with that ending, I am so scared what will happen. Hope you love Strange the Dreamer when you get it. I read a sampler, and unfortunately, it doesn't look like a book for me. I love my Wall of Shame, even if I do feel like I'm wearing the booknerds' version of a cone of shame. XD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...