Originally I Was Not Going To Read This Book | A Court of Mist and Fury | Review

Monday, July 25, 2016


Paper Bindings | Originally I Was Not Going To Read This Book | A Court of Mist and Fury | Review | TITLE: A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) AUTHOR: Sarah J. Maas RELEASE DATE: May 3rd 2016 PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury USA Childrens ★★★★★

TITLE: A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)
AUTHOR: Sarah J. Maas
RELEASE DATE: May 3rd 2016
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
add to goodreads

“Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.”




RELATED: A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thrones and Roses #1) | The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass #0.5) | Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) | Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) | Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4)



I found A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas to be:
  • Everything I wanted A Court of Thorns and Roses to be

Confession time! I wasn't going to read this book until it was spoiled for me.

To say I had mixed feelings about A Court of Thorns and Roses would be sharing my thoughts of that book in a very polite way. I came close multiple times to putting ACOTAR down and never picking it back up again. I loathed Tamlin, and I thought the way he treated her was borderline unhealthy.

But I collect totes and I wanted that preorder goodie for my collection. So I ordered it, and promptly shelved the book where it could dust away. Then I started seeing reviews from friends who were similarly unimpressed with ACOTAR, but they loved ACOMAF.

I read the last page of A Court of Mist and Fury first.

Events were already spoiled for me by time I picked ACOMAF up. I'll admit that I was kind of looking for those spoilers, so I wasn't bummed about them finding me. I needed confirmation of what I thought was going to happen, and I needed it before I started reading all 600+ pages of the book.

It took me a day to read A Court of Mist and Fury. I would have been done with it sooner, but a necessary evil called work got in the way. I couldn't put this book down, and thought about it the entire time I was at work.

Sarah J. Maas is a wonderful writer. 

As I read I could see how this book tied into the previous one. Things you might not have thought much of and the things you just knew had a deeper significance were touched upon in ACOMAF and we got to see how the books were connected together. 

I loved reading all the explanations and reveals. I existed in a state of permanent excitement whenever my theories proved to be correct.

If you've read the blurb, then you've read the words "fractured soul." I really have to applaud Sarah J. Maas for the way she handled Feyre's break. It was so real, so believable and heartbreaking. You felt every emotion Feyre had, and her rising panic was your own.

Without spoilers, I cannot say much more, but....

  • The emotions this book puts you through were killer.
  • The romance in this book was emotionally complex. (FYI, due to graphic descriptions, this book is definitely more New Adult than Young Adult.)
  • Rhysand's Inner Court is BAE.
  • My heart belongs to Rhysand.
  • Tamlin is an asshole.
  • Feyre was magnificent. Her whole character arc was just amazing to read.
  • The bad guys are scary. I'm glad I'm not facing them.
  • Feyre's sisters are forces to be reckoned with. I'm glad I'm not facing them either.
  • Rhysand's Inner Court is a force to be reckoned with. Again, I'm glad I'm not their enemy.
  • I survived the ending, but I'm wallowing in that pit of 'when is the next book coming out' despair.


Overall

I've said it several times and I'll say it again, A Court of Mist and Fury was everything I wanted A Court of Thorns and Roses to be. 

The story was amazing, and I loved every twist and turn. The characters so complex, and they pushed you to feel something, anything towards them. The world was definitely more intricate than I thought it was going to be, and I enjoyed diving into it so much more the second time around.

If you were like me, and liked the premise of A Court of Thorns and Roses, but found it lacking, I definitely recommend trying A Court of Mist and Fury. Who knows, maybe what bothered you was something Sarah J. Maas wanted to you be annoyed with.


Quotations


"'You're free.'
Not safe. Not protected. Free."

"No one was my master -but I might be the master of everything, if I wished. If I dared."

"'To the people who look at the stars and wish, Rhys.'
'To the stars who listen and the dreams that answered.'"


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...