Their Fractured Light | These Broken Stars Series Ended With A Bang

Tuesday, June 14, 2016


Paper Bindings | Their Fractured Light | These Broken Stars Series Ended With A Bang | TITLE: Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3) AUTHOR: Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner  RELEASE DATE: December 1st 2015 PUBLISHER: Disney-Hyperion  ★★★★★

TITLE: Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3)
AUTHOR: Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
RELEASE DATE: December 1st 2015
PUBLISHER: Disney-Hyperion
add to goodreads

“A year ago, Flynn Cormac and Jubilee Chase made the now infamous Avon Broadcast, calling on the galaxy to witness for their planet, and protect them from destruction. Some say Flynn’s a madman, others whisper about conspiracies. Nobody knows the truth. A year before that, Tarver Merendsen and Lilac LaRoux were rescued from a terrible shipwreck—now, they live a public life in front of the cameras, and a secret life away from the world’s gaze.

Now, in the center of the universe on the planet of Corinth, all four are about to collide with two new players, who will bring the fight against LaRoux Industries to a head. Gideon Marchant is an eighteen-year-old computer hacker—a whiz kid and an urban warrior. He’ll climb, abseil and worm his way past the best security measures to pull off onsite hacks that others don’t dare touch.

Sofia Quinn has a killer smile, and by the time you’re done noticing it, she’s got you offering up your wallet, your car, and anything else she desires. She holds LaRoux Industries responsible for the mysterious death of her father and is out for revenge at any cost.

When a LaRoux Industries security breach interrupts Gideon and Sofia’s separate attempts to infiltrate their headquarters, they’re forced to work together to escape. Each of them has their own reason for wanting to take down LaRoux Industries, and neither trusts the other. But working together might be the best chance they have to expose the secrets LRI is so desperate to hide.”




RELATED : These Broken Stars (These Broken Stars #1) | This Shattered World (These Broken Stars #2) | [Amie Kaufman: Illuminae (Illuminae Files #1)]


I found Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner to be:
  • Enjoyable.
  • Full of swoon.
  • Not what I expected.
After finishing This Shattered World, I knew there was no way I could step away from Their Fractured Light. I was invested and my muse craved this series. So I did what any good mood reader would do, I listened to that desire.

Their Fractured Light was an amazing last book, a perfect way to end the These Broken Stars series. I love-hate finishing series, that is no secret, so I was super scared when I started reading. The book wrapped up in such a way that left me feeling hopeful, crushed, proud, devastated, shaking with joy, and ready to cry.

I have a weakness for sexy hackers. I mean, who doesn't? Someone smart, charming, with awesome skills, what's not to love? So when Gideon showed up on the page and took off running with my heart, I knew I was doomed. 

Gideon was a fun character. He has his reasons for donning his guise and fighting LaRoux Industries. He was very antihero, willing to do morally questionable things to take down the enemy. But he also had lines he wasn't willing to cross. Add in some snark, street smarts, and his tech skills, and you get one adorable hero.

I knew Sofia was going to be the heroine of Their Fractured Light before I even finished This Shattered World, which left me rather nervous. Why? Because I didn't like her at all when we first met. Like, "do I even want to read her book at all?" kind of dislike.

It did not take long for Sofia to change my mind. Out of all the three of the girls, I saw more of myself in Sofia which meant I became fully invested in her story. I wanted her to succeed. I needed her to be happy. Every time she felt an intense emotion in this book, I was right there with her.

I really loved Gideon and Sofia as a couple. Though Lilac and Tarver will always be my favorite (sorry guys!) this due came a close second. Here were two completely different characters, but once you simplified their problems, they weren't so different at all. I loved watching them sort through all the lies and not only fall for each other, but find themselves in the process.

Very early on in this book, I knew the series was not going to end like I thought it would. With the staggering amount of pages still left in the book, I had no concrete idea of where the characters were going to lead me.

Some pretty big stuff goes down that I never anticipated, never even remotely considered when I picked up book one, which only caused me to love this book even more. Even though I totally should have expected certain things to occur.

I do wish things were a bit different with Gideon and Sofia's relationship towards the middle-end. I understand why things progressed that way rather than focusing too much on hormones when the bad shit happened. So I'm not complaining that the romance took a step back from the plot, but I think I needed a bit more than I got at the time to fully feel the character's turn around.


Overall

I really loved reading Their Fractured Light and the rest of the These Broken Stars series. These books were strong, powerful, emotionally investing, and fantastically well written. If you haven't picked them up, I highly recommend you do so if you like young adult books and/or science fiction books.

I'm so glad these authors are writing more books together, because I am ready to read them.


Quotations

"Paranoia, perhaps, but today turned out to be a good day to be paranoid."

"If you never gave someone a weapon, they can never us it against you."

"Trust. Such a simple thing. Such an impossible thing."


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...