The Long Game : In Which I Gasp Out Loud In A Crowded Break Room

Saturday, May 21, 2016


Paper Bindings - The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - 4/5 stars - Young Adult (YA) - contemporary - "I found The Long Game to be:  Full of reasons why I love Asher / Surprising / Entertaining"

TITLE: The Long Game (The Fixer #2)
AUTHOR: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
RELEASE DATE: June 7th 2016
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury
add to goodreads

“For Tess Kendrick, a junior at the elite Hardwicke School in Washington D.C., fixing runs in the family. But Tess has another legacy, too, one that involves power and the making of political dynasties. When Tess is asked to run a classmate's campaign for student council, she agrees. But when the candidates are children of politicians, even a high school election can involve life-shattering secrets.

Meanwhile, Tess's guardian has also taken on an impossible case, as a terrorist attack calls into doubt who can--and cannot--be trusted on Capitol Hill. Tess knows better than most that power is currency in D.C., but she's about to discover first-hand that power always comes with a price.”




RELATED: The Naturals // Nobody // The Squad // The Fixer

I found The Long Game to be:

  • Full of reasons why I love Asher
  • Surprising
  • Entertaining


"Humor was Asher's first, best, and last line of defense against the world."

Asher's humor won my heart in The Fixer, so I was anxiously waiting his return when I picked up The Long Game. (He's my favorite character, by the way, so I'll just be sitting over here hoping nothing bad happens to him. EVER.)

After reading Jennifer Lynn Barnes' wolf series, I really need to learn to stop under estimating her. Because, just wow, there were quite a few major plot points that I did not see coming. Brava. *slow claps*

The Long Game started off with a school campaign and a visit from the president's son, and it never stopped for a moment. The further the story progressed, the more things got tangled together. As Tess tried to unravel the clues and help her friends, you really got to appreciate the author's ability to make a story very complex and yet, still allows the reader to follow along.

Or, rather, the reader was dragged along on a crazy, wild ride that was all too believable and relatable. 

Overall

Overall, The Long Game was a fantastic book on its own, and a great second book to the series. With all the twists that were tossed at us this round, I am caving book three. 


"Funny, isn't it, that sometimes the loser matters more than the person who wins?"

"I might have been a person who kept her word- but I was also the type to look for loopholes."

"Some people do horrible things because of their beliefs. And some people choose beliefs that let them do horrible things."


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...