Relentless : The Time I Discovered I Had A Superpower - Speed Reading

Thursday, May 19, 2016


Paper Bindings  - Relentless by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs - 4/5 stars - Young Adult (YA) - "I found Relentless to be:  Humorous / Entertaining"

TITLE: Relentless (The Hero Agenda #2)
AUTHOR: Tera Lynn Childs, Tracy Deebs
RELEASE DATE: June 7th 2016
PUBLISHER: Sourcebooks Fire
add to goodreads

“Revenge is easy, but justice is worth fighting for…

Kenna is tired of being lied to—and hunted by the very allies she once trusted. Unearthing the dark secrets of the superhero world has not only endangered her life, now her boyfriend faces execution for crimes he didn’t commit and her mother is being held captive in a secret governmental prison.

Kenna is determined to stand up for what’s right and save those she loves from unspeakable fates. It’s time for the betrayal to end. It’s time for the real criminals to face justice.

But the truth is even more terrifying than Kenna could imagine. A conspiracy threatens the fate of heroes, villains, and all of humanity. If Kenna’s going to survive, she must draw on her deepest strength: her resilience. Because when Kenna’s pushed to the limit, she doesn’t break down. She fights back.”





RELATED: Eye Candy (City Chicks #1) | Straight Stalk (City Chicks #2) | Trying Texas (City Chicks #3) | When Magic Sleeps (Darkly Fae #1) | When Magic Dares (Darkly Fae #2) | Fins series | Powerless (Powerless #1) | Relentless Spotlight & Superhero Quiz


I found Relentless to be:

  • Humorous
  • Entertaining

When I read Powerless last year, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. I went into book two hoping to be just as entertained. 

Even though the book started with the characters dealing with some pretty big things, it had that same light-hearted air about it that kept me laughing sporadically throughout the book. (See quotation one below. I knew things were going to be alright as soon as I saw that.)

Relentless picked up a little after Powerless ended, and the characters never really stopped moving until the last page. I liked learning more about the world, and the heroes/villains differences. I liked how our world expanded even though the places the rag-tag hero-villain team could hide dwindled. 

There were a lot of things and plot lines that made reappearances in book two that I never really expected to turn into what they ended up doing. Which made things a lot more interesting that I anticipated. Though, there was one thing I didn't see coming and I am torn between thinking that I should have noticed signs of it before and feeling that it was added in just to appease someone.


Overall

Overall, I enjoyed Relentless. It was a quick, fun read that left me highly entertained. 


"Your chariot has arrived. Now boarding all members of Team GetthehelloutofDodge." (Jeremy 9%)

"Some pain you hold on to. Some pain makes you stronger." (Kenna 39%)

"Hope makes a desperate person let go of logic." (Deacon 72%)


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...