Let's Use a Time Turner and Imagine: Ten Childhood/YA Characters I'd Love To Revisit As Adults

Tuesday, May 3, 2016


Paper Bindings | Let's Use a Time Turner and Imagine: Ten Childhood/YA Characters I'd Love To Revisit As Adults | Top Ten Tuesday
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten: Ten Childhood Characters You'd Love To Revisit As Adults

01. - Titanic Crossing by Barbara Williams
Albert has to grow up a lot by the end of "Titanic Crossing." I can see him being the architect he wanted to be as a child but I wonder how what happened on the Titanic and to his family impacted him as an adult.

02. - S.O.S. Titanic by Eve Bunting
I picked this for similar reasons as "Titanic Crossing" but also because the end of "S.O.S. Titanic" is a bit more vague than "Titanic Crossing's." Barry's an interesting character and I've love to see him as a "grownup" in the '20s. It would also be interesting to see if he has any kind of relationship with his long absent parents.

03. - The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
Left along in the wilderness for months, Matt does a lot of growing up. I love frontier/pioneer stories and I think it would cool to see how he ended up. It would be especially interesting to see how Matt's world changed as America inched closer to the Revolutionary War.

04. - Time for Andrew by Mary Downing Hahn
Hahn alludes to Drew's future a little and we do know what becomes of Andrew but still. What's Drew up to as an adult?

05. - The Baby-Sitters Club by Ann M. Martin
For the longest time in my childhood these were the only books I'd read. My INFJ ness was in full form with my obsession with the Baby-Sitters Club. Sadly, I don't think Martin would ever do it but I'd love a sequel with these girls at high school, college or even as adults. I see Kristy as a do it all type. Mom, successful business person, wife. MaryAnne as still trying to figure it all out - not a teacher like she wanted as a kid but in a similar field. Claudia as a hippie dreamer who's doing something that finally makes her parents notice her and Mallory as a Buzzfeedy writer type. Not sure about all the rest. Why do you guys think happened to them all?

06. - Animorphs by K.A. Applegate
After The Baby-Sitter's Club, I got into Animorphs. We got a pretty good - and bleak - idea of what happened to them but I'm still curious as to how it all ended up. Especially to Jake, my favorite.

07. - American Girls by various authors
Felicity, Addy, Kirsten, Josefina, Samantha and even Molly are all the "American Girls" I grew up with and I would love to revisit these girls. I didn't think I did but by just mentioning it, I really, really want to this to happen. Get on it Pleasant Company!

08. - The Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop

I remember this being a really fun book series when I was little about a boy who gets sucked into Medieval Times. I'd be curious to see if he got into any more adventures as he grew up.

09. - The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

A bit of a cliche pick but I'm curious to see if Holden turned out okay.

10. - Going Bovine by Libba Bray

I tried to avoid using "Going Bovine" again since I've used it a few times before but I'd love to see Jenna as an adult.

What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tracy

Tracy is a history/film fan who loves to read YA, historical and contemporary fiction. She’s also a sucker for a sad tale. Harry Potter (“Harry Potter”), Peeta Mellark (“Hunger Games”), Nathaniel Blake (“Little Men”) and Daniel Landon (“Catcher, Caught”) are her literary boyfriends. She’s also the resident Ravenclaw and librarian.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I think Dawn probably works for some kind of non-for-profit charity.

    And hell yes to finding out what happened to all of the precocious American Girls!

    Nice list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see that for Dawn :) thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...