Where The Blogging Magic Happens - A Tour of My Desk

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Paper Bindings - Where The Blogging Magic Happens - A Tour of My Desk



This week I thought it would be cool to give you guys a little behind the scenes glimpse into my bookish life. 

Book wise, aside from whatever space I plop down to read at, my desk is where I spend the most time. 

Many years ago I had a desk but I got rid of it to add more bookshelves. My "desk" for the next few years was either a tiny folding table or whatever space I could steal on the kitchen counter.

I suppose that was better than nothing when I wanted to sit down and write some, but having no permanent desk space is a big downfall to having a blog. I had no room to expand and place all the my notes I needed for the day's work. When I wanted quiet to work and another family member wanted to watch tv, guess who always lost the battle?

So in my new house I purposely bought my desk and bed first thing. Then I planned the rest of the space around those two objects.

Having a desk has made my blogging life so much easier: 
  • I have a compfy space to sit at while I work. No more horrible back pains from hunching over. 
  • I am more organized. Everything I need, from my calendar, to post its, to my various blogging notebooks, to scrap paper is all within reach.
  • Being organized helps me creatively. I can't stand a mess, and not having a place to put things drives me insane. But with a home for all my supplies, I can focus on what I need to focus on while for my blog. 



Allow Me To Present To You My Desk:



The desk cost me about $35, even though it was about $60 normally; hours of aggravation dealing with a certain store; and unspecified gas because I needed to go back and forth multiple times, but it was worth it in the end.

I'm no Martha Stewart, so she's nothing pretty to look out. But she's set up for daily use and I have everything I need to get through the day.

From the Fallout quantum cola to the dragons, the desk is all me.


The Section I Use The Most


Who doesn't have a stash of candy on their desk, I ask you? If you say you don't, I won't believe you. I don't even eat candy, and I have one.

That small section of "office essentials" actually makes me feel proud. Because what you don't see, is that the two drawers of my desk are completely filled with pens, pencils, post its, paper clips, tape. Just about everything they sell in one complete office supply aisle at any store.

Currently I have four notebooks I use for blogging.
  • One is for essential blog notes.
  • One is to make notes about books while I'm reading.
  • One is to plan out my posts on.
  • One is sort of an all purpose one I usually carry with me in case I get a random idea. 



Where Crap Goes To Die


Oh this area looks all nice and pretty now since I took all my personal papers off for the photos. But it is a bit more filled on a daily basis. At least I manage to keep it pretty organized though.

I stashed my new movies here because I haven't figured out what to do with them. I've filled up my movie bookcase and I don't really want to store them elsewhere, so I might have to purge that collection some to get the new guys to fit. Where is a Tardis when you need one?

If you don't have a Fitbit, but you really want a great motivational tool to be healthy, I highly recommend it. I love mine. (May or may not be just a tiny bit addicted to it. I admit nothing.)

Anime Throwback Days


Once my laptop was relegated to this dark cave (which I totally got for free, go me!) now it lives in the open on it's very own desk.

For those curious, I have a Vash, Wolfwood, L, Koga, and a second Vash (for some unknown reason) key-chains hanging on both sides of the case. Anime was a big part of my life growing up, so it never seemed right to part with them.

And for those who think I'm exaggerating about the "cat pillow" bit, I present to you exhibit A:



What does your desk space look like? Are there any essential supplies you need to have with you when you work on your blog? Do you have photos to share?


Coming up on Sunday it is Shelfie Time! I'll give you guys a rundown of my post-a-billion-moves new bookshelves setup.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...