The Month I Focused On Me : April Recap

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Paper Bindings - All Things Life, Books, and Blog Monthly Recap -
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

Life, Book, and Blogging News

Life wise

2016 has been quite the year so far. Some of it good, some of it bad, and all of it forcing me to reevaluate something in my life. So I spent April focusing on me and the things I needed to work my way through. Which ultimately meant, I had some things to figure out blogging wise. But we'll get to that later. 

Book wise

Because everything has been stressful, it really should be no surprise when I tell you I feel into a big reading slump. I purposefully did time occupying things so I wouldn't have to pick up any book.

When I finally got motivated to read, the book was massively disappointing. (And I loved the series it was apart of like no other. So it crushed me to return to the world and be bored.)

But I wasn't ready to stop reading completely.

So I went back to my basics: paranormal. (Fantasy is where my heart lies, but paranormal books tend to be quicker reads and I needed something fast to get my interest back.) Apparently my inner reader wanted to read about vampires, gods, and monsters, because I read 8 books in like a week.

I'm starting to feel more like myself again. I want to read again, and when you look at my ratings below, I think you can see that I'm picking better books. Books that are more me.

Blog wise

I took a few more weeks off. I didn't mean to, but I've been feeling burnt out AND was in a reading slump to top it off. The pressure to have all the great posts and live up to the maximum standard of what makes a great book blogger great just got to me a bit. So I took an unintentional break.

I've done a lot of soul searching and I'm not ready to give up blogging yet, but I'm not going to be strict with myself anymore. I'm not going to post just for the sake of posting. I'm hoping that this will not only motivate me to post what I really want to post, it'll help me to create better content since I'm not posting to cater to some obscure book blogger checklist.


The Reading Pile

I read 19 books this month.













TBR Goals




I've read:
  • Titans

Challenges Update


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...