WWJAD: What Would Jane Austen Do? (Waiting on Wednesday)

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

Title: Secrets in the Snow: A Novel of Romance and Intrigue
Author: Michaela MacColl
Release Date: October 4th 2016
Publisher: Chronicle Books


“Jane Austen’s family is eager to marry her off. Coming from a family of little means, it is the only way she can be assured of a comfortable future. Jane is much more interested in writing her novels, and finds every suitor lacking in one way or another. That is, until the mysterious Mr. LeFoy arrives on the scene. But when her cousin is suspected in aiding the French, England’s enemy, Jane is suddenly sidetracked trying to prove her cousin’s innocence, solving a murder, and ultimately facing a decision that might just cost her true love.”

Why?:

Jane Austen is one of my all time favorite writers. I have enjoyed the movies I've seen depicting her life and I'm a fan of inserting historical figures into books/movies. I also enjoy historical mystery novels. It just seems like a really fun idea. Hopefully it's better than The Secret Adventures of Charlotte Bronte. I prefer Jane Austen over her anyway ;)


What are you waiting on?
author image

Stephanie

Stephanie is a tutor who loves helping people improve and excel. She loves a good story, so is obsessed with books, films, TV, and comics. A regular geek with a heart of gold ;)

12 comments:

  1. I am so waiting for this book too. I just love the cover and anything to do with Jane Austen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is beautiful, isn't it? There is just something about a red cloak in the snow that gets me every time. Plus, I agree, I'm a sucker for Austen :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh this looks awesome! I love the idea of telling Jane Austen's story in different ways! great pick, I hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world definitely needs more Jane Austen. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. This sure looks like one great idea! I'm definitely interested in this book now- funny, but I've never come across it before!

    Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw it on netgalley and now I am just waiting- either for approval or the release date XP

      Delete
  4. This is the first I've heard of this one, but it sounds so interesting!! Thanks for sharing! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely looking forward to reading this one, but I hadn't heard of it until a few days ago either, lol.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. This looks like something I will enjoy reading. Thanks so much for spotlighting it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I hope we both enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :)

      Delete
  6. Ohh great pick this book looks and sounds fantastic and very intriguing as well! Here is my WOW pick for this week. Thank you for your awesome post.

    http://katibookaholicrambligreview.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-34-kingdom-of-ash.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...