How Television Affects My Reading Habits | Discussion Part Two

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Paper Bindings | How Television Affects My Reading Habits - Discussion Part Two

Our Tips on How to Put Down the Remote and Read


Do not let someone dictate what you should read

Book clubs are great (I love the one the ladies here at Paper Bindings are in) however, sometimes a book comes up that sounds great in the beginning, but you cannot seem to finish it. That's okay, sometimes the book does not live up to the blurb. I am sure your friends will forgive you.

Do not block yourself in with a narrow TBR pile

Once I get in my mind that I have to read a certain book and then that book turns out to be hard to get through, for whatever reason, I often get into a reading slump.You have ARCS and movie adaptions coming out and books given to you as gifts and a stack of books that have been staring at you for ten years that you keep meaning to read - it is okay, read what you want even if it is a book you just picked up because the cover looked interesting as you were waiting online at Wal-Mart.

If you aren’t in the mood to read a book for review, you aren’t in the mood. Don’t read it just because you have to review it.

Nothing is worse than staring at a blank screen trying to figure out what to say about a book you only felt 'eh' about. Move on and start reading something new.

Move Location

Going outside and reading or a cozy coffee shop can be fun and a way of mixing up your reading habits.

Invite Friends

Go to a coffee shop or park with friends and read together. Perhaps the same book and make it a discussion?

Reading is supposed be fun. 

You do not want it to feel like a chore and then turn on TV to distract you from reading guilt (not that I do not love television on it's own merits). 


author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Love these. I definitely don't pressure myself to read ARCs or book club reads. I even say I don't do deadlines for review copies. I don't even go looking for ARCs. There's too much stress involved with them xD I also like to sit outside and read sometimes. It's nice to have a change of scenery :)

    Molly @ Molly's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a great strategy I'm going to have to do as well! I love your blog btw! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...