The Time I Read A Lot of Romance Novels... (Mini Reviews)

Friday, March 18, 2016

Paper Bindings - Mini Reviews


There have been quite a few books that I've liked, or disliked, lately that haven't inspired me to write a lengthy review. But I wanted to say something about the books.

So here is the latest batch of mini reviews:

  • The Haunting (Reign #1.5) by Lily Blake ★★★
  • Darkness Rises (Reign # 0.5) by Lily Blake ★★
  • The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins ★★
  • I See London by Chanel Cleeton ★★★★
  • London Falling by Chanel Cleeton ★★






★★★
TITLE: The Haunting (Reign #1.5)
AUTHOR: Lily Blake
RELEASE DATE: December 9th 2014
PUBLISHER: Poppy Books

If you like Frary you will enjoy this book.












★★
TITLE: Darkness Rises (Reign #0.5)
AUTHOR: Lily Blake
RELEASE DATE: May 20th 2014
PUBLISHER: Poppy Books


I skimmed most of this book. Even at 48 pages, I just could not get into the story. I never did care for "CSI Bash" story lines...










★★
TITLE: The Girl on the Train
AUTHOR: Paula Hawkins
RELEASE DATE: January 13th 2015
PUBLISHER: Riverhead Books


Overall I found this book to be nonsense.

"But I have to do something, and at least this feels like action. All those plans I had- photography courses and cookery classes- when it comes down to it, they feel a bit pointless, as if I'm playing at real life instead of actually living it. I need to find something that I must do, something undeniable."

"How did I find myself here? I wonder where it started, my decline; I wonder at what point I could have halted it. Where did I take the wrong turn?"

"He finds me distasteful. I am not the girl I used to be. I am not longer desirable, I'm off-putting in some way. It's not just that I've put on weight, or that my face is puffy from drinking and the lack of sleep; it's as if people can see damage written all over me, can see it in my face, the way I hold myself, the way I move."





★★★★
TITLE: I See London (International School #1)
AUTHOR: Chanel Cleeton
RELEASE DATE: February 3rd 2014
PUBLISHER: Harlequin


My first dalliance with reading a true romance novel. This one way pretty good - I loved the setting (London) and it was actually pretty realistic and the characters were not awful.








★★
TITLE: London Falling (International School #2)
AUTHOR: Chanel Cleeton
RELEASE DATE: July 7th 2014
PUBLISHER: Harlequin


Sequel did not have the same charm as the first one.

"Maybe as you got older, you became less able to carry people with you. Everybody went their own way, living their own lives, facing their own adventures. All you could do was carry your memories with you, clutching the pieces you shared."

author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

2 comments:

  1. AHHH REIGN! Ive stopped watching the show, but mannnnn Frary <3 I'll have to pick up The Haunting! But definitely not Darkness Rises, I'm not a fan of CSI Bash either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Gotta love Frary!! I hope you like The Haunting. I'm currently reading another Reign book (this time a novel ) called Hysteria and you might like that too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...