Not sure about this cover though... (Waiting on Wednesday)

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
Paper Bindings - My Lady Jane - Jodi Meadows, Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton

TITLE: My Lady Jane
AUTHOR: Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
RELEASE DATE: June 7th 2016
Genres: YA, Historical
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
add to goodreads

“For fans of The Princess Bride comes the comical, fantastical, romantical, (not) entirely true story of Lady Jane Grey. Lady Jane Grey, sixteen, is about to be married to a total stranger—and caught up in an insidious plot to rob her cousin, King Edward, of his throne. But that’s the least of Jane’s problems. She’s about to become Queen of England. Like that could go wrong.”


Why?:


I am not usually a fan, with a few exceptions, when history is messed with, but I am curious how this book is going to come together.

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

10 comments:

  1. You're definitely right about the cover- but the book does sound good! Hope you like it, Josephine :))

    Check out my WoW post here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I don't see too many books about Lady Jane Grey! This sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I am definitely interested in where this book goes, I feel like it could be really awesome or just meh. I hope you like it!
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Hopefully it is good. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love anything historical so this is right up my alley and I'm definitely adding it to my TBR. I agree with you about the cover though, I feel like they could have made it less modern?

    Joana @ The Boundless Booklist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's exactly it! I don't hate it exactly... its just a little jarring. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  5. I also can't wait to read this one. Though I want a book about King Edward. Come on YA world! Make it happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...