Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About (Top Ten Tuesday)

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Paper Bindings |  Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About (Top Ten Tuesday)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten : Books I Love But Haven't Talked About

01. Past Perfect by Leila Sales Am I the only one who has ever fantasied about working at a historical village? I really want to dress in proper historical attire (whether as a guide or an extra in a film) at least once in my life. In terms of the book, its funny and heartbreaking character Chelsea tries to use the past to get over the past.

02. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chobosky ­ This one is a classic and desires to be one. Both the film and the book are excellent and need to be read/watched, at the very least, once in your life.

03. The Giver­ by Lois Lowry Just one of those books that has stuck with me since childhood. I have re-read it several times as an adult and it still resonates. I guess it is the idea that all the hard choices are made for you that I find fascinating in my adult life.                                          

04. Going Bovine by Libba Bray­ Very few plots of books still make me go "Aw" every time they randomly pop into my head. Cameron Smith's story is just so sad, yet aspiring that it never really left me.

05. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver­ No Lauren Oliver book has been to me as good as this one. The character development of Samantha is so well done - You go from hating her to crying for her by the end.


06. The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney­ I found this book randomly browsing Barnes & Nobles during my college days. It was one of the first times I realized that it was okay to be who I am. I have been trying to champion for the Introvert child ever since, so hopefully he or she do not have to feel how I felt my entire childhood...

07. The Heather Blazing ­by I saw my former college English professor this weekend randomly at a friend's birthday and I quickly remembered one of the books I loved while in her Irish literature class. I connected (then and now) with the character of Eamon - who seems to keep getting into his own way.


08. Gardner's Photographic Sketchbook of the Civil War by Alexander Gardner Maybe it's because I have been doing half of my master's thesis on this book for eight months now and I know way too much about it, but how Gardner uses his text to facilitate his ideas on the American Civil War is fascinating. Also, many of the photographs in this book are well known and worth taking a closer look at.



09. Catcher, Caught by Sarah Honenberger  ­Maybe I'm weird, but some times I need a good angsty book every once and awhile.

10. The Book of Dahila by Elisa Albert ­Very well written. Yes, the character is selfish and all you want is for her to get up and do something. But the thing is in real life everyone has flaws. We all want to be the "perfect" person who reacts to situations in the "correct" way, but sometimes (most often) that doesn't happen. It reminded me little of Six Feet Under, everyone wants life to be tied up--that by the end of it you left things in a good place, but sometimes things happen abruptly. Dahlia is real and by the end of the book you feel sorry for her wasted time....mostly because you know you've wasted some time yourself.

What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

9 comments:

  1. Great list! I still hold that the Golden Compass was the worst coming of age/ya adaptation out there. It broke my heart :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list! Would love to read Past Perfect again :) “What can I say, I have a thing for guys in period dress, okay? That's just who I am.” - Past Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph! Yeah I didn't like Golden Compass either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one from your list that I've read is The Giver. I enjoyed it, but it's my brother's favorite! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read The Giver! It's been on my shelf for ages. I definitely relate to that "I'd love to talk to you" GIF. I'm a proud INFP, haha. That book about being introverted sounds really interesting. I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy The Giver, skip the sequels though! Steph here @ Once Upon a Dream is INFP too! I hope you enjoy the introvert book.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...