Who's up for some genderbent Teenlock? (Waiting on Wednesday)

Wednesday, February 24, 2016


Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.





Title: A Study in Charlotte
Author: Brittany Cavallaro
Release Date: March 1, 2016
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

The last thing sixteen-year-old Jamie Watson–writer and great-great-grandson of the John Watson–wants is a rugby scholarship to Sherringford, a Connecticut prep school just an hour away from his estranged father. But that’s not the only complication: Sherringford is also home to Charlotte Holmes, the famous detective’s enigmatic, fiercely independent great-great-granddaughter, who’s inherited not just his genius but also his vices, volatile temperament, and expertly hidden vulnerability. Charlotte has been the object of his fascination for as long as he can remember–but from the moment they meet, there’s a tense energy between them, and they seem more destined to be rivals than anything else. Then a Sherringford student dies under suspicious circumstances ripped straight from the most terrifying of the Holmes stories, and Jamie and Charlotte become the prime suspects. Convinced they’re being framed, they must race against the police to conduct their own investigation. As danger mounts, it becomes clear that nowhere is safe and the only people they can trust are each other. Equal parts tender, thrilling, and hilarious, A Study in Charlotte is the first in a trilogy brimming with wit and edge-of-the-seat suspense.”

Why?:

I kind of have a thing for Sherlock Holmes adaptations. I love A Study in Emerald by Neil Gaiman, I love BBC's Sherlock, I love Elementary, and I loved that one episode of Wishbone where the dog wears a deerstalker. This isn't even the only Holmes related book on my TBR. That said, the cover is cute and the release date is soon (only days away!)... I've been looking forward to this one.


What are you waiting on?
author image

Stephanie

Stephanie is a tutor who loves helping people improve and excel. She loves a good story, so is obsessed with books, films, TV, and comics. A regular geek with a heart of gold ;)

14 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Seeing a lot of this one lately! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it around a lot too, it's part of why I'm excited for it :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great pick! I've already read this one and loved it! The mystery was great and it was filled with so many great Sherlock references. I hope you enjoy it! I also love BBC Sherlock and Elementary too.

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that it lives up to the hype! Everyone knows how awesome BBC Sherlock is, but it's always nice to see Elementary fans. I was hesitant at first, because I didn't love the genderbend angle, but I love that they didn't use it as an easy avenue to romance.

      Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I can't wait to read this one as well. I love the BBC Sherlock! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBC Sherlock is amazing. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. YES!! I am so excited for this book! I hope you love it :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't wait. I've heard such good things about it :)

      Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!

      Delete
  5. Wishbone!!! hahahah that's hilarious. this is also my pick, hope we both end up loving this one :) thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many fond memories of Wishbone, lol, I loved that show! I hope we both enjoy it too; I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it's as good as I've heard...

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  6. YES! Cannot wait for this one, too! Great pick ♥

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a good feeling about this one...

      You're very welcome! And thanks for dropping by here :)

      Delete
  7. I REALLY loved this book, and I hope you do too!! It's whip-smart and mystery-induced. SUCH FUN :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm even more excited now that good reviews are rolling in! Whip-smart and mysterious sounds right up my alley...

      Thanks for reading and commenting :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...