Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Historical Settings We Love

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Paper Bindings | Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Historical Settings We Love
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten : Top Ten Historical Settings You Love

Tisha:
01. Gilded Age - A Northern Light, The Rebel Angels, The Tea Rose
02. Tudor Court - Innocent Traitor
03. Titanic - Titanic the Long Journey, S.O.S. Titanic, Dear America: Voyage on the Great Titanic, Titanic Crossing
04. Civil War America - March, Across Five Aprils, Mine Eyes Have Seen
05. World War One - The Last Town on Earth

Tracy:
06. New England during the American Revolution - The Fifth of March, My Brother Sam is Dead
07. Southern American colonies during the American Revolution - Cast Two Shadows,Wolf by Ears
08. Mid Atlantic American colonies during the American Revolution - Finishing Becca
09. American Frontier - The Light in the Forest, The Sign of the Beaver
10. Gilded Age - In the Shadow of Blackbirds, A Time for Andrew

What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

14 comments:

  1. Ahh it's always so great to read stuff about the Titanic - although we all know how it ends, with the ship sinking, I still love reading about it, i dont know why! I guess maybe because it's the idea of so many precious, individual lives having been lost?
    Interesting list, Tisha!
    Geraldine @ Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Do you have any recommendations? I've been meaning to read more Titanic based books. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Geraldine! Yes, I agree - the tragedy is horrible and every individual's story tells us so much about the society at the time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. The American Revolution is one of my favorite time periods to study, out of all of history! I also think reading about the Titanic, even though you know how these books are going to end, there is still a draw to these stories. this is a great list!
    here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't agree with you more! Thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. So true! Could you tell by Tracy's part of the list that she's a little obsessed with Revolutionary War America? ;)

      Delete
  3. Tracy is obsessed with Revolutionary War America and I love it! Haha I haven't been able to find another read that enjoys that period of history as much as I do. And I like that Tisha chose the Tudor Court. I had that on my list as well because I'm obsessed with King Henry VIII MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is a good thing! I myself am obsessed with the American Civil War and the Tudor period! :) I'm glad that you and Tracy share the interest! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I wish I thought of Titanic, the Tudor period I think would be awesome! :-) Great picks! Here's my TTT @ Emma's Bookery if you would like to check it out, have a great day :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I wish there were more books set in Ireland.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too! Have you read Brooklyn? Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...