The Time I Fell Down The Manga Well (mini reviews)

Monday, February 15, 2016

Paper Bindings - Mini Reviews


There have been quite a few books that I've liked, or disliked, lately that haven't inspired me to write a lengthy review. But I wanted to say something about the books.

So here is the latest batch of mini reviews:

* Kiss of the Rose Princess, Vol. 1 by Aya Shouoto - 5/5 stars
* Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 01 by Arina Tanemura - 4/5 stars
* Phantom Thief Jeanne, Vol. 1 by Arina Tanemura - 4/5 stars
* Seraph of the End, Vol. 1 by Takaya Kagami - 3/5 stars




★★★★★
Author: Aya Shouoto
Release Date: November 4th 2014
Publisher: VIZ Media


I have a confession. I needed another manga book for the special sale they had to get for free. And I picked this one. I honestly thought I wouldn't like it, that it would be too cheesy. But it was actually pretty cute and funny. The artwork was lovely. I definitely plan to get the next book.






★★★★
Author: Arina Tanemura
Release Date: April 5th, 2011
Publisher: VIZ Media


I picked up this book because I have read nearly every other work by this author/artist. The story was pretty cute. And something happened that totally took the story from the direction I thought it was going to move in, which was a fantastic surprise. Definitely planning to read more.






★★★★
Author: Arina Tanemura
Release Date: April 10th 2014
Publisher: VIZ Media


Again, I picked this up because I have read nearly everything else by this author/artist and wanted to get caught up. This story was fun, funny, and cute. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next.







★★★
Author: Takaya Kagami
Release Date: June 3rd 2014
Publisher: VIZ Media


Out of the batch of manga I recently received, this one was the most disappointing. The story just wasn't what I was anticipating it was going to be. It's still good and entertaining, but I'm not sure if I want to read more or not.

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently obsessing over manga and anime too. I May have to check these out!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any good recommendations? I used to be really into them in school but then I wasn't exposed as much so I lost track of the newer series. If you check them out, I hope you like them.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...