Let's Rock That TBR! (mini reviews)

Friday, February 26, 2016

Paper Bindings - Mini Reviews


There have been quite a few books that I've liked, or disliked, lately that haven't inspired me to write a lengthy review. But I wanted to say something about the books.

So here is the latest batch of mini reviews:

* Wickedly Dangerous (Baba Yaga #1) by Deborah Blake - 4/5 stars
* A Real Work of Art (Lois Lane) by Gwenda Bond - 5/5 stars
* Cloudy With A Chance of Destruction (Lois Lane) by Gwenda Bond - 5/5 stars
* Wickedly Magical (Baba Yaga #0.5) by Deborah Blake - 4/5 stars




Paper Bindings - Wickedly Dangerous (Baba Yaga #1) by Deborah Blake - 4/5 stars
★★★★
Author: Deborah Blake
Release Date: September 2nd 2014
Publisher: Berkley


This was a pretty cute and typical urban fantasy novel. It was fast paced, fun, and had a host of interesting characters. I kind of felt bad about letting this one sit on my nook for over a year without taking it out. I'm definitely curious about the other two Babas in the series.








Paper Bindings - A Real Work of Art (Lois Lane) by Gwenda Bond - 5/5 stars
★★★★★
Author: Gwenda Bond
Release Date: March 4th 2015
Publisher: Capstone


This was a super cute novella. Lois being Lois. I absolutely love her character, she is one of my favorite YA heroines to date.


RELATED: Fallout // Double Down





Paper Bindings - Cloudy With A Chance of Destruction (Lois Lane) by Gwenda Bond - 5/5 stars
★★★★★
Author: Gwenda Bond
Release Date: April 6th 2015
Publisher: Capstone


This novella was fun. Lois once again saves the day in an unexpected way. So much for staying out of trouble.



RELATED: Fallout // Double Down






Paper Bindings - Wickedly Magical (Baba Yaga #0.5) by Deborah Blake - 4/5 stars
★★★★
Title: Wickedly Magical (Baba Yaga 0.5)
Author: Deborah Blake
Release Date: August 5th 2014
Publisher: Berkley


Even though I read it after book one, it was still highly enjoyable. It didn't feel like a chapter one of a book, unlike so many others, but was rather it's own cute story. If you enjoyed this novella, then you are sure to enjoy book one.

2 comments:

  1. The Lois Lane short stories really were fun, I preferred A Real Work of Art though. Did you have a preference? I hope Gwenda Bond writes more short stories in this universe. Seriously, I am already missing Lois and SmallvilleGuy XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both stories showcased a different side of Lois. So I kind of agree with you on A Real Work. Played more on her curiosity and her determination to get the scoop while setting things right.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...