Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.
January was roughI've never been so glad to kiss a month bye-bye before.
2015 just ended wrong and 2016 picked up right where it left off. In other words, I was going through a lot of stress and was in a lot of pain from my wrist. Double whammy of joy.
It took most of the month for me to get (mostly) full use out of my wrist again. I can finally type and read again. (Books I've missed you!) Though if I over do it, I do get some pain. So I have to moderate how much I use it until I'm completely good. (Because I refuse to accept I'll suffer for the rest of my life. Nope.)
TBR GoalsWith my injured wrist, I didn't read as much this month and with my big haul in the beginning, well.....I'm behind on this. I am giving myself an extension. My goal in February is to read all incoming January and February books plus more of my owned shelves.
I can do this.
Challenge UpdateHaven't read my (1) Tamora Pierce book as I am waiting to buddy read it with someone. So I am behind on that challenge, but it's only one book and I've got 11 months left, I can catch up.
For my Rock My TBR challenge, I finished three books from the list. BUT I purged 57, so I'm counting that as a win for January.
8 books this month.
* Bookishly Every After (Ever After #1) by Isabel Bandeira - 4/5 stars
* Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski - 3/5 stars
* The Burning Hand (The Orphan Queen #0.3) by Jodi Meadows - 5/5 stars
* The Dangers in Tempting An Earl (Kingsborough Ball #3) by Sophie Barnes - 4/5
* High School Debut: Vols 1-3 by Kazune Kawahara - 5/5 stars
* Image and Imagination by Nick Healy and Kristen McCurry - 4.5/5 stars
* Girl + Pen: Doodle, Draw, Color, and Express Your Individual Style by Stephanie Corfee- 4/5 stars
* Heir of Skies (Starbright #1) by Rachel Higginson - 3/5 stars
* A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano - 4/5 stars
For an overall rating of 4/5 stars this month.
If You Look At It This Way
All ratings are above average! Now that's what I like to see in my books.
Aside from those non-fiction books I read, 2016 is shaping off to be a normal year bookwise.
Look at that random MG book, how did it sneak in there. XD
We Also Shared
Read Previously But Review Posted This Month:
In Case You Might Have Missed It
Plans For The Future
February is basically going to be my catch up month. (I can't believe after only one month in 2016, I need a month to catch up.) If I can do that, then my goal for February is to get ahead again. I want my blogging buffer back.