Bye Bye Bye - January Recap

Monday, February 1, 2016

Paper Bindings - All Things Life, Books, and Blog Monthly Recap -
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

January was rough

I've never been so glad to kiss a month bye-bye before.

2015 just ended wrong and 2016 picked up right where it left off. In other words, I was going through a lot of stress and was in a lot of pain from my wrist. Double whammy of joy.
It took most of the month for me to get (mostly) full use out of my wrist again. I can finally type and read again. (Books I've missed you!) Though if I over do it, I do get some pain. So I have to moderate how much I use it until I'm completely good. (Because I refuse to accept I'll suffer for the rest of my life. Nope.)

TBR Goals

With my injured wrist, I didn't read as much this month and with my big haul in the beginning, well.....I'm behind on this. I am giving myself an extension. My goal in February is to read all incoming January and February books plus more of my owned shelves.

I can do this.

Challenge Update

Haven't read my (1) Tamora Pierce book as I am waiting to buddy read it with someone. So I am behind on that challenge, but it's only one book and I've got 11 months left, I can catch up.


For my Rock My TBR challenge, I finished three books from the list. BUT I purged 57, so I'm counting that as a win for January.


I Read

books this month.

Bookishly Ever After by Isabel BandeiraNightfall by Jake Halpernthe burning hand by jodi meadowsthe dangers in tempting an earl by sophie barnes

Bookishly Every After (Ever After #1) by Isabel Bandeira - 4/5 stars
Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski - 3/5 stars 
The Burning Hand (The Orphan Queen #0.3) by Jodi Meadows - 5/5 stars
High School Debut: Vols 1-3 by Kazune Kawahara - 5/5 stars

A Curious Tale of In-Between by Lauren Destafano

Image and Imagination by Nick Healy and Kristen McCurry - 4.5/5 stars
Heir of Skies (Starbright #1) by Rachel Higginson - 3/5 stars
A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano - 4/5 stars

For an overall rating of 4/5 stars this month.



If You Look At It This Way


Paper Bindings

All ratings are above average! Now that's what I like to see in my books.


Paper bindings

Aside from those non-fiction books I read, 2016 is shaping off to be a normal year bookwise.


Paper Bindings

Look at that random MG book, how did it sneak in there. XD 



 We Also Shared


Read Previously But Review Posted This Month:

Breaking Sky by Cori McCarthy - 4/5 stars
Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo - 4.5/5 stars



In Case You Might Have Missed It

* I told you why I am no longer participating in reading challenges.

* Three bookstgrammers (Stacee, Brittany, and Crini) stopped by for quick Q&A sessions.

* A few of us shared our best and worst books of 2015.

*The inner gamer in me shared with you 5 things Fallout 4 taught me about myself.

Plans For The Future



February is basically going to be my catch up month. (I can't believe after only one month in 2016, I need a month to catch up.) If I can do that, then my goal for February is to get ahead again. I want my blogging buffer back.

4 comments:

  1. That extension is well deserved! It's hard to get by with a broken wrist - let alone a broken dominant hand wrist! Don't stress yourself out too much! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully my wrist wasn't actually broken (despite it trying to tell me lies.) I think life it trying to tell me I need to be more of a "go with the flow" person and not let the little stuff stress me out. So I wasn't worried to much about how behind I am. I'll save that for December. lol.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Carrie! I didn't realize your wrist was bothering you again! Boo on that. I want to finish Red Queen and read The Raven Boys. How about after that we read the Tamora Pierce book? 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I aggravated it somehow. :( That works for me, just let me know when you're reading. My reading plan is pretty flexible. (Otherwise I can't stick with it, lol.)

      Thanks for stopping by Sarah!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...