The Time I Let My Muse Request An ARC - Image and Imagination (ARC Review)

Thursday, February 4, 2016


Paper Bindings - ARC Review - Image and Imagination: Ideas and Inspiration For Teen Writers - 4.5/5 stars

TITLE: Image and Imagination: Ideas and Inspiration For Teen Writers
AUTHOR: Nick Healy and Kristen McCurry
RELEASE DATE: March 2016
PUBLISHER: Switchpress - Capstone
add to goodreads

“More than 150 compelling photos and provocative writing prompts work together in this hybrid photo book/journal to inspire young adults to think, dream, create. Writers looking for inspiration and ideas will find what they need here. Image and Imagination is a repository of story starters, a practice space for fun and informal writing, and a turnkey to unlock the writer within.”


and 1/2



Image and Imagination was the type of book that just called to me. Even when I first saw the cover and literally knew nothing else about it, my Muse had already grabbed a hold of the book and wouldn't let go.

Paper Bindings - ARC Review - Image and Imagination: Ideas and Inspiration For Teen Writers - 4.5/5 stars
Yeah, not showing you guys what I wrote....


While the Image and Imagination is marketed towards teenagers, I really think anyone who likes to write (stories, journal entries, etc.) would have a lot of fun with this book.

I personally had a blast filling the pages in. There was a mix of personal journal type entries blended in with story prompts. They were in no real order, so it was almost like a game to see what prompt I was going to get that day.

Paper Bindings - ARC Review - Image and Imagination: Ideas and Inspiration For Teen Writers - 4.5/5 stars
Is there any other for of happiness?

All those times I was looking at a Wreck It style journal, what I really was looking for was this book.

The images and prompts were all suited for each other. Since I am a visual person by nature (I seriously adore Pinterest for visual prompts when I write) the combination was perfect for me.

Paper Bindings - ARC Review - Image and Imagination: Ideas and Inspiration For Teen Writers - 4.5/5 stars
On a dark stormy night....my poor characters got into trouble.

I think anyone who writes, regardless of their age, could benefit from following this book. Maybe the next big thing isn't found within these pages, but the prompts really get you creative energies. There were a few prompts where I found my Muse asking "what if?" and wanted to take the story to a whole new level.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - this looks so beautiful! I'll definitely have to get one - I'm the kind of person who loves to write, journal, etc. and it looks so aesthetic on top of that! :D Thanks for reviewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like to write/journal, I definitely think you will enjoy this book then. It was a lot of fun.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...