If Songs Could Become Books (Top Ten Tuesday)

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Paper Bindings | If Songs Could Become Books (Top Ten Tuesday)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme is the Top Ten : Top Ten Songs I Wish That Were Books

Keep in mind I went to high school in the early 2000s...

01. Millions Years Ago- Adele

I know I'm not the only one
Who regrets the things they've done
Sometimes I just feel it's only me
Who can't stand the reflection that they see
I wish I could live a little more
Look up to the sky, not just the floor



I want to know why this person feels as they do - what got him or her to this place?



02. Far Away - Ingrid Michaelson

Far away far away, I want to go far away.
To a new life on a new shore line.
Where the water is blue and the people are new.
To another island, in another life.


and You and I - Ingrid Michaelson

Oh, let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France
Let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance
Let's get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants
From way up there, you and I, you and I



I envision a quirky romantic comedy novel that would turn into a movie similar to "What If."


03. Where You Are- Gavin DeGraw

Well everybody hurts,
That’s where we’re all the same
We drive on through the worst
And push on through the pain
I’m standing at your door
It’s been a million miles
I’ll be the first to say
I can’t take anymore
And that I wanna be where you are
I feel the same as I did from the start
Whoa, I wanna be where you are
And I’m willing to get there
There won’t be any hearts breaking again
This is the part where I stay where I stand
Oh, I wanna be where you are
Tell me you’re with me so far



A romance novel that pairs two partners each with a tragic past.


04. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson

Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I just stared out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray (I would pray)
Trying hard to reach out
But when I'd try to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I pray (I would pray)
I could breakaway


I would sing this to my heart's content in my dorm room during college. I think this song would make a great "Fangirl" type book.


05. Wake Me Up- Avicii

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost

I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans

Wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes


A New Adult novel that presents a young women trying to figure out her life similar to "Just One Day" or "Just One Year."


06. Why Georgia Why - John Mayer
Might be a quarter-life crisis
Or just a stirrin' in my soul
Either way
I wonder sometimes
About the outcome
Of a still verdictless life
Am I living it right



See 05.


07. Mona Lisa -Nat King Cole


Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa, men have named you
You're so like the lady with the mystic smile
It is only cause you're lonely they have blamed you?
For that Mona Lisa strangeness in your smile?
Do you smile to tempt a love, Mona Lisa?
Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep
They just lie there and they die there
Are you warm, are you real, Mona Lisa?
Or just a cold and lonely lovely work of art?


A fiction novel about Mona Lisa? Sure, why not?


08. I'll Be Seeing You - Billie Holiday


I'll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day through



A Romance novel set in the 1940s - lost love and World War II.


09. Beautiful and Wild - Kris Allen


Cause we were born to be dreamers
Dreamers wide awake
And we were born to be lovers
Even if our hearts have to break.



I did not think I liked romance that much... a coming of age romance.


10. Smile - Mikky Ekko


Smile, the worst is yet to come
We'll be lucky if we ever see the sun
Got nowhere to go, we could be here for a while
But the future is forgiven, so smile



Futuristic book where everyone is forced to live underground... a bit like "The 100."


What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

21 comments:

  1. I know and love all of these artists. I especially like 'You and I' - it'd be such a lovely, happy-go-lucky-love tale. And 'Wake Me Up'. It's been a spirit song for me for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Yay I am glad some else else likes some of the lesser known artists here :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love that you've included lyrics. I have enjoyed so many of the songs on your list. They'd definitely make great books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list ! I love the songs you have choosen !!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to put Orange Colored Sky by Nat King Cole on mine but I didn't since it's in Fallout 4. But I'm so excited someone put Nat King Cole on their list, amazing musician! :D Also I'm always down for another Fangirl!! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to add some classics on there :) Yes more Fangirl please!!

      Delete
  5. This list is so cool - I totally get Breakaway! I would love to see a book made out of that song <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Kelly Clarkson song! Nice list!

    Listen to our TTT @ Lazy Book Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wake Me Up would be such a wonderful book! Great list. I love your blog design by the way.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post and the song. Definitely one of my favorites :)

      Delete
  9. I agree that Ingrid Michaelson, Breakaway and Wake Me Up would be great stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...