How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Paper Bindings | How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat


Having recently moved and owning more books than I probably should, I ran into the danger of falling ginormous book towers. (All my furniture is still in storage. And even if it wasn't.....I'd still be in trouble.)

So, what's a girl to do?

Buy some new bookshelf, that's what.

And thankfully, I had my blogging assistant to help me put my new shelves together.


Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat
My assistant says hello.
Thankfully, she is a special cat and was quite able to read the shady diagrams with very minimal written instructions included. I'd have been lost without her.

And with out much introduction, I am turning the blog over to Luna who will share her helpful guide for her fellow felines.



A Cat's Guide To Assisting Your Human In Assembling A Bookshelf Creating A Fun New Hidey-hole 



Step One: Read The Instructions


Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat
"No, Human, that's piece K."

Humans lack the patience (and intelligence) of cats. After all, they are always running somewhere or another, and cutting corners just to "get it done faster." As a result, your human may be likely to forge on ahead without even bothering to pick up the instruction booklet.

Whatever you do, don't let them near the tools (sit on them if you must!) until you have made sure they have all the pieces and have a basic understanding of how they will fit together.


Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat
Some steps are more important than others.

Be sure to draw attention to the helpful snack reminder, making sure to appear as cute and hungry as possible when doing so.

Step Two: Pick A Good Seat And Enjoy The Show


Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat
This is the Supervisor's chair.

Since humans cannot be trusted to do anything without proper supervision, you need to make sure you are directly in the middle of all the action.

(I mean, how many times do you have to remind them it is dinner time before they turn off the television or put the book down? Without us, humans would starve.)

Step Three: Watch and Criticize

Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat
Are you even trying to follow the steps?

My Human has this bad habit of letting Pandora distract her. She sits there and argues with it, claiming she doesn't want to hear these songs. Then she finally finds a song she loves and sings along as loud as she can, only to repeat the process when it ends.

Naturally, as Pandora is not mentioned in the assembly guide, it's up to my claws to keep her focused on the task at hand.

Step Four: Finally Some Progress Is Noticeable 

Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat

After many delays, and sadly no snack breaks, the framework of the bookshelf is complete.

Don't be surprised if your human gets a "second wind" and starts chanting "the end is nigh!" Even though there is still a lot of work remaining, humans are now capable of imagining the final product and become unusually enthusiastic about their task.

Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat

Take a moment to interfere and casually remind them they've skipped that snack step once again.

Step Five: (Finally!!) Take A Snack Break


Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat
Admiring my new toy to play with.
Your human should now have a fully functional bookshelf. After taking a moment to allow them to bask in a job half done, sit on a shelf and refuse to move until some treats are sacrificed to your starving stomach.

If innocent eyes and a pitiful pose fail to impress, simply remind your human that the next step will take hours and they will need snacks to help them through the daunting task.


Step Six: Laugh


Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat
How many books does my Human think will fit on that tiny thing?

Even been curious about how humans played the game called Tetris? Wonder no more! You have a front row seat for the live action version.


Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat
Let's just build me a fort instead....


Step Seven: Admire Your Hard Work


Paper Bindings - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat


After hours of listening to your Human grumble, they are finally finished and have something to show for it.

Be sure to rub up against one of the many piles of books that didn't fit onto the shelf to remind them they need to buy another one. Or five.


Thank you Luna for that ever so helpful guide.  -_-

Do any of you have furry assistants who like to offer their advice at any opportunity?

8 comments:

  1. So many books... and such a cute cat >^..^<

    I loved reading the cat's eye view of the situation, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you can barely even seen my unread pile over by the duster in the one photo. *slinks into shadows* Never mind that the whole bookcase behind it is all unread books. (Minus my video games.)

      Luna and her claws were very helpful assembling my four bookcases (two regular and two mini) I don't how I would have managed otherwise. And the end was nigh! That bit was totally true. XD =^_^=

      Delete
  2. This is great! Cats are just so smart.
    I have 3 who are always willing to point out the error of my ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! And devious. At one point I was tearing apart the box and packing stuff trying to find the screwdriver. Fun fact: the cat is always sitting on the item you need.

      Yay for having 3 cats. There is nothing in the world quite like owning a cat, is there? What are their names, if you don't mind me asking?

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I have a stuffed sheep and two clay dragons that keep judging me for continuing to shuffle my books around in the shelves of the library room, but thankfully they are not as judgemental & bossy as a live cat! ;)

    Super fun post! I'd love to read more posts with Luna in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank heavens figurines aren't too judgmental. My Funko Pop collection out numbers me by a bit. I'd be in trouble.

      Thank you. Hmm...I'll have to think of was for my cat to take over the blog again.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I pretty much adore this post because CATS! Also, those are some oddly specific instructions "Some assembly (and snacks) are required"-- the instruction manuals for the furniture I've assembled in the past never mention anything about snacks, and now I'm really disappointed that they didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't? What slackers. XD I may have had to proudly share that with everyone like it was mankind's first word or something.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...