Back In The Saddle - February 15th Through February 28th, 2016 Recap

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Paper Bindings - Bi-Weekly Recap
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

Life wise

Nothing new to report here. Things are what they are, but getting better.

Book wise

According to my spreadsheet, I am behind on my Rock My TBR goal, and while it does not could the bag I've purged from The Wall of Shame, I am behind. So I've been trying to focus on reading my old owned books without letting my recent arrivals sit unread for too long.

I finally got around to reading some of my short stories/information sheets series bonuses I've collected this past year or so. Sadly, none of them count towards my reading goal on Goodreads.

How are you guys doing with your reading goals?

Blog wise

Things are sporadic around here again these last few weeks. But I'm picking up momentum.

And for once in my blogging life, I don't care if I don't have a post every day. That pressure has eased a lot, allowing more to focus more on quality and doing what I want to do.

I think my mental changes are starting to show with the types of reviews I've allowed myself to write. What do you think of them? Different, but fun?

I've been working a lot on behind the scenes stuff.

  • Basically, I fixed the coding & updated all the old posts with the current template. (CSS I will never use anything but you again! *cries*) 
  • All my discussion posts/TTTs/recaps/etc. have new banners. 
  • Old review have images. 
  • Painstakingly, I deleted every single incident of html tables throughout Paper Bindings.

I'm not as embarrassed about about my old posts now.

Plus I spent a lot of time soul searching about where I want to take this blog next. And I've come up with a few ideas that I'll be tossing at you guys in the coming future.

What You've Missed

Monday, February 15th, 2016 - The Time I Fell Down The Manga Well (mini reviews)
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 - If Songs Could Become Books (Top Ten Tuesday)
Wednesday, February 17th, 2016 - How To Assemble A Bookshelf With Help From Your Cat
Thursday, February 18th, 2016 - The Time My Heart Broke Five Different Ways - You Were Here (ARC review)
Friday, February 19th, 2016 - 5 Song Reactions To Just Listen By Sarah Dessen Plus Mini Review
Saturday, February 20th, 2016 - Unfiltered (But Spoiler Free) Status Updates While Reading Blackhearts

Monday, February 22nd, 2016 - Working In A Castle Isn't All Fun And Games - Holding Court (ARC review)
Wednesday, February 21st, 2016 - Waiting for Some Genderbend Teenlock (Waiting on Wednesday)
Friday, February 26th, 2016 - Let's Rock That TBR! (mini reviews)
Saturday, February 27th, 2016 - The Books I Didn't Feel Like Reviewing


Did You Hear?

  • Another pearl of coding wisdom was shared over at Nose Graze. They way she explains headers and their codes, clears up a lot of my questions on the subject.
Once Upon A Dream Books & The YA Book Traveler present The Orphan Queen Series Read Along - Coming in April


Read


* Tell The Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan - DNF
* Wickedly Magical (Baba Yaga #0.5) by Deborah Blake - 4/5 stars
* Hounded (Iron Druid #1) by Kevin Hearne - 4/5 stars
* Half Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - DNF
* Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman - 5/5 stars


Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between by Jennifer E. Smith - DNF
* These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks #1) by Tarun Shanker and Kelley Zekas - 4/5 stars
* Love and Decay Volume One by Rachel Higginson - 3/5 stars


Added To The Never Ending TBR

(( Blackhearts was awesome! I highly recommend it. ))



How was your week?



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...