The Books I Didn't Feel Like Reviewing

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Paper Bindings - Mini Reviews


There have been quite a few books that I've liked, or disliked, lately that haven't inspired me to write a lengthy review. But I wanted to say something about the books.

So here is the latest batch of mini reviews:


  • Stars Above (Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer - 5/5 stars
  • Hounded (Iron Druid #1) by Kevin Hearne - 4/5 stars
  • Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between by Jennifer E. Smith - DNF





★★★★★
Title: Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Release Date: February 2nd 2016
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends


Having read most of the stories in this book, I was a little hesitant to pick this one up, even though I love the series. But each story was well worth reading. I love the little glimpses we got into each one of their lives and watching how these novellas knit the whole story line together.




RELATED: The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles #1.5) | Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) | Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5) | Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)






★★★★
Title: Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles #1)
Author: Kevin Hearne
Release Date: May 3rd 2011
Publisher: Del Rey


I didn't think I was going to like this one much, but it was pretty good. I loved how the mythological elements weren't what you thought you were going to get starting this book. It made things interesting and differentiated it from other books. The humor was my kind of humor. I laughed a lot while reading this book.









DNF
Title: Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date: September 1st 2015
Publisher: Poppy


I liked her other book, so I wanted to give this one a chance. However, I found it extremely boring from the first page. As the story went along, I didn't care for either of them so it was impossible for me to care if they stayed together or not.





RELATED: Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between (Tisha) | The Geography of Me and You

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the first two books, but kind of sad you didn't enjoy Hello, Goodbye and Everything In Between! I hope you find a book you connect to more soon! :D
    But yeah, I like how you've done this kind of review - for me, I usually don't feel like writing reviews too! xD Great idea, Carrie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather loved Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight so I'm bummed I didn't like Hello. It's not too surprising though, since I'm harder on contemporary books than I am on any other genre out there.

      I'm trying to do more mini reviews instead of just ignoring the books and sweeping them under the bed after enough time has passed. Sometimes you just don't have any words come to mind, even when you love a book.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you liked Stars Above! I feel like novella bindups are just scams to get more money, but I understand because everyone needs to work and make money for a living! It seems like this book actually really helps with character development and insight and is a great addition to TLC. Lovely mini review :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a good addition to the series. Plus it helped that there were several never before released stories to act as tiny bonuses for buying the book. Have you read the series?

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...