Off To A Rocky Start - January 4th Through January 17th, 2016 Recap

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Paper Bindings - Bi-Weekly Recap
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.


Lifewise...

Well, 2016 started off by making it's presence felt. 

I've spent most of my time this month with my wrist brace on. Even with it, and trying to not use it, I am in pain. Which means all my blogging and reading plans just aren't happening yet, because I literally cannot accomplish them. 

Don't get old. Don't break. Don't shovel snow, it has lasting effects. 

Bookwise...

I've pretty much separated all my books. (In my head, because OMG I'd die.) I am not doing anymore "TBR goals" because I never stick with them. Instead I am pulling books from three piles (ARCs, recently acquired, old stuff) to act as my TBR goals. 

As I read the books, or realize I am not in the mood for the book anymore, I'm swapping them out. It's a little less daunting having a TBR pile instead of several TBR bookshelves. And I've included a wide range of genres and age groups to create a mix that should satisfy any reading mood I am in.

So far it's less pressure on me to feel as if I need to read a particular thing, and makes it easier to pick out my next book. It seems to be working out for me.

Blogwise...

It looks like my plans to switch over to wordpress are sadly on hold at the minute. Maybe someday soon, I will get to make the switch. For now, I just cannot afford to do what I wanted to do.

What You've Missed

Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 - In Need Of More Magic And Swoon - The King Slayer (Waiting on Wednesday)
Friday, January 8th, 2016 - You Say Words On A Paper, I Say Epic Fantasy Heist - Six of Crows (Review)
Saturday, January 9th, 2016 - Why Leaving Your Link WIth Comments Is Not Just For Spammers

Monday, January 11th, 2015 - Should Old Acquaintance be Forgot: Our Best/Worst of 2015
Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 - Waiting On The Book Formally Called Monsters And Is Now Called "Give Me Now"
Thursday, January 14th, 2016 - Five Thoughts About Nightfall I Have To Share With You (Review)
Friday, January 15th, 2016 - Instagram - A Q&A Session With Bookstagramers - Stacee From Adventures Of A Book Junkie 
Saturday, January 16th, 2016 - Taking A Page Out Of Phoebe's Book - Bookishly Ever After (ARC Review)

Did You Hear?



  • Jodi Meadows announces her new story! There be "secret about illegal dragon trafficking " and "dragons. Big dragons. Little dragons. In-between dragons. Eat-your-face dragons!" The dragon lover in me cannot wait.

Read



Bookishly Ever After by Isabel BandeiraNightfall by Jake Halpernthe burning hand by jodi meadowsthe dangers in tempting an earl by sophie barnes

* Bookishly Every After (Ever After #1) by Isabel Bandeira - 4/5 stars
* Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski - 3/5 stars
* The Burning Hand (The Orphan Queen #0.3) by Jodi Meadows - 5/5 stars
* The Dangers in Tempting An Earl (Kingsborough Ball #3) by Sophie Barnes - 4/5


Added To The Never Ending TBR

Paper Bindings - Off To A Rocky Start - January 4th Through January 17th, 2016 Recap

My sparkling new signed preorder of The Rogue Not Taken, by one of my favorite historical romance authors, has arrived. And it was personalized. Excuse me as I flail about.


Paper Bindings - Off To A Rocky Start - January 4th Through January 17th, 2016 Recap

My Susan Dennard book haul has arrived! I loved Truthwitch, so of course I had to preorder it. While I was at it, I ordered the Strange and Deadly books. All four are signed.


Paper Bindings -  Off To A Rocky Start - January 4th Through January 17th, 2016 Recap

I still cannot believe it, but I was lucky enough to win the candy and Fangirl from Novelly Your's Instagram giveaway. The candle smells good enough to eat.

Paper Bindings - Off To A Rocky Start - January 4th Through January 17th, 2016 Recap

I already read the Lux book, and have been meaning to buy it for a while. All of a sudden I was having a fear that it'd go out of print and a new one wouldn't match the others so I had to buy it. Sandry's Book is for my Tamora Pierce Challenge. While Dragon Storm is simply to satisfy my dragon fix.


How was your week?




10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am so jealous of your signed copy of The Rogue not taken! I loved that book so much! It was the first historical romance I have read in a long time so I am a huge Sarah Maclean fan now! My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sarah MacLean's books. I've read nearly everything she's published. (What I haven't read, I own.) She posted one day on instagram about the preorder promo and I was sold. http://www.wordbookstores.com/word-3s-sarah-maclean They still have signed copies left if you are interested.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your wrist! I hate the aches and pains of growing older. Ugh. I think your TBR goal method sounds very reasonable--and less overwhelming, really. Bookishly Ever After is on my wish list. I am glad to see you liked it! I hope you have a wonderful week--and that your wrist is feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do we really have to get older? I don't want to break down. I'm tempted to trade myself in for a younger model. XD Hope you get to read Bookishly Ever After soon and that you love it. Thank you for the well wishes.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I hope your wrist gets better soon. I had a wrist injury a few years ago and had to wear a wrist brace for months. I was glad to finally stop. I still have to make sure I don't spend a long time typing as that aggravates it.

    I want to read Bookishly Ever After and I just got Truthwitch from the library so I'm excited about reading that one soon. Congratulations on your contest win! I liked Fangirl though Eleanor & Park is my favorite of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sorry to hear about your own wrist issues. I never thought about how common they are until people started talking to me about them because I'd wear my brace. But I guess it makes a lot of sense considering how much we use it.

      Hope you enjoy those books! Thank you. Fangirl is my favorite of her books and I love the artwork in this special edition.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I hope your wrist gets better soon! I don't know what happened to yours, but a wrist injury sucks either way! I have a reoccurring Ganglion Cyst in my left wrist which makes things like reading, typing and even picking things up really hard to do. So I definitely hope you recover soon :)

    Here is my Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That sounds so painful. I hope it doesn't bother you often.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry your year is starting off a little rough. Hopefully it will only get better, though! I'm really excited about Jodi Meadows's new book. There are not enough dragons in YA! I've never read FAngirl (though it's on my wishlist) but I am still so jealous of your candle. It's so cute! Have a great week!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. YES! Dragons! I cannot express my excitment enough for this book. Have you gotten to read The Shadow Queen yet? There is supposed to be an epic dragon prince in it. If you get the chance to buy the candle, do it. It smells divine! I highly recommend her shop.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...