Back On Track - January 18th Through January 31st, 2016 Recap

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Paper Bindings - Bi-Weekly Recap
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

Life wise....

After a horrible start to 2016, I now can (mostly) use my hand again. *tosses confetti* 

It has been super hard not using my dominate hand for everything. I'm laughing at all the horrible writing I turned in daily for work. My kindergarten teacher would be so ashamed of me. 

Blog wise...

Well, I'm in buffer trouble. All that hard work to get ahead, and I got injured. All those weeks I couldn't use my hand to hold a book open or type on the computer ate my buffer. 

So if things feel a little scarce around here for a bit, I apologize. Obviously my health was more important and I wasn't going to justify further injuring my hand for my hobby, even if I love it a lot.

Book wise....

'I'm starting the year off right.' Translation= GoodReads is already yelling at me!

I'm behind already on my goal of 200 books. I'm behind on my #RockMyTBR goal. I'm behind on my Series Catch Up goal. BUT I'm on track for my (1 book) Tamora Pierce Challenge goal and I'm doing good with my ARC management goal.

I removed 57 books from my owned pile that I will never read and removed 27 books off of my TBR pile that I've lost interest in. So while I may be behind on actual reading, I am doing better with getting myself organized and ready to read books I want to read.


What You've Missed

Monday, January 18th, 2016 - The Time They Let Me Chase Drones Across The Sky - Breaking Sky (Review)
Tuesday, January 19th, 2016 - Books I've Recently Added to My TBR (Top Ten Tuesday)
Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 - Waiting On An Awesome Novella With A Kickass Cover - The Black Knife (Waiting on Wednesday)
Thursday, January 21st, 2016 - Five Things I've Learned About Myself From Playing Fallout 4
Friday, January 22nd, 2016 - Instagram - A Q&A Session With Bookstagramers - Brittany From The Book Addicts Guide

Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 - The Time I Let My Muse Off Her Leash And Gave Her A Pen - Girl Plus Pen (ARC Review)
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 - Waiting to Start a Cinderella Assembly Line (Waiting on Wednesday)
Thursday, January 28th, 2016 - Romance. Manga. Stars. The Range Is Wide With These Books - Mini Reviews
Friday, January 29th, 2016 - Instagram - A Q&A Session With Bookstagramers - Crini From All About Books
Saturday, January 30th, 2016 - The Latest Batch Of Mini Reviews



Did You Hear?


* A few details about Bookitcon were released: new name and date.

* The Lady Janies read from random pages of their upcoming book. 

Read




* High School Debut: Vols 1-3 by Kazune Kawahara - 5/5 stars
* Image and Imagination by Nick Healy and Kristen McCurry - 4.5/5 stars
* Girl + Pen: Doodle, Draw, Color, and Express Your Individual Style by Stephanie Corfee- 4/5 stars
* Heir of Skies (Starbright #1) by Rachel Higginson - 3/5 stars

A Curious Tale of In-Between by Lauren Destafano

* A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano - 4/5 stars

Added To The Never Ending TBR

Once Upon A Dream Books - Back On Track - January 18th through January 31st, 2016 recap - Books, Blog, Life

The last of my manga books have arrived. I also received my signed Katie MacAlister Street Team mission rewards this past week.


Was approved for a few ARCs on NetGalley:




How was your week?



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your hand is healing up! And if it makes you feel any better, I'm already behind on my Goodreads challenge too, and I'm only going for 50, so you are not alone. (I was just going to write YANA, but I wasn't sure the DW reference would translate, lol XP )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. How many books have you read? How can you be behind already? You need to read a bunch of comics/graphic novels and get ahead of the game, lol.

      Delete
  2. Great that your hand is gradually getting better! I can't believe you put down 200 books for your GR challenge though - that's massive hahah!! :D But anyway, that's some serious culling you did there - good joB! Here's to a better February!
    Geraldine @ Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was so happy the anti-inflammatory medication worked, I missed reading too much.

      I think I can do it. I've read over 200 books each year for the last 4 years. So far I've read 12. I'm behind according to goodreads, but I still got some make up time.

      I could probably purge another 25 books and still not miss anything major. But they got to stew in the "maybe" pile for a bit before I have to decide if I can live without reading them. One way or another I'm getting this pile under control.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...