The End Of Another Year - December Recap

Friday, January 1, 2016

Paper Bindings - The End Of Another Year - December Recap

December was

...wait a minute...where did December go? Where did 2015 go?

I both love and hate, but mostly hate, this time of year. The concept of being joyous and spending time with loved ones is great in theory, but my life is not a Hallmark movie and rarely ends up like that.

Mostly I just ended up working and watching the last bits of 2015 slip away. For the first time in my life, I had to work the holidays, which made it extremely hard to get in the spirit of things.

Bookwise....

This month was epic. Go a head and take a look at those ratings below. I nearly killed this month with 4 and 5 star reads.



I Read

10 books this month.


Dark Debt bu Chloe NeillYou Were Here by Cori McCarthyBreaking Sky by Cori McCarthyFairest (Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer - 4.5/5 starsWinter (Lunar chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer - 5/5 stars

* Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires #11) by Chloe Neill - 4/5 stars
* You Were Here by Cori McCarthy - 4/5 stars
Breaking Sky by Cori McCarthy - 4/5 stars
* Fairest (Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer - 4.5/5 stars
* Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer - 5/5 stars

The Raven's Prophecy Tarot by Maggie StiefvaterMidnight In Death (In Death #7.5) by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts)The Collins Case by Julie C. GilbertSix of Crows by Leigh BardugoEvery Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Raven's Prophecy Tarot by Maggie Stiefvater - 5/5 stars
* Midnight In Death (In Death #7.5) by J.D. Robb - 4/5 stars
The Collins Case (Heartfelt Cases #1) by Julie Gilbert - 1/5 stars
Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo - 4.5/5 stars
Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - 4.5/5

For an overall rating of 4.05/5 stars this month.



If You Look At It This Way

Paper Bindings - The End Of Another Year - December Recap

Look at that, I read both contemporary and non-fiction books this month. I am branching out of my paranormal-fantasy comfort zone slowly.


Paper Bindings - The End Of Another Year - December Recap

But I stuck with the staples of my reading diet age group wise. 


Paper Bindings - The End Of Another Year - December Recap

I have never been prouder of a group of books in my life. 90% of my reading month was above average, making this my second highest monthly average rating all year.



We Also Shared

Read Previously But Review Posted This Month:

* Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard - 5/5 stars
Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman - 4/5 stars

Co-Blogger Reviews:

Tisha's:
This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp - 4/5 stars 


In Case You Might Have Missed It


* I shared with you 5 assumptions about readers and why I think they're ridiculous.

* Book Club shared with you our books of Christmas past and what we thought of them.


The Year In Review

Number of books read: 208
Number of pages read: 66,026
Number of books I DNF: 33 books (( Part One / Part Two / Part Three / Part Four ))
Number of series I finished:  22 (( Morganville Vampires / Darklight / Starters / Spindle Cove / Midnight Dragonfly / Mythos Academy / Bloodlines / Haven / Scarlet / Healer / Element of Power / Seraphina / City Chicks / The Selection / The Lost Amulet Chronicles / Mindjack Trilogy / His Fair Assassin Trilogy / Pivot Point / The Orphan Queen / Cahill Witch Chronicles / The Grisha / The Lunar Chronicles / The Dark Elements ))
Number of series I started (that I intend to finish): 28 (( Lois Lane / Wait For You / Elemental / The Archived / Court of Fives / Reawakened / Black Dragons / The Illuminae Files / The Wrath and The Dawn / Thunder Road / Fixer / Blood of Gods and Royals / Witchlands / A Court of Thorns And Roses / The Custard Protocol / Immorality Bites Mystery / The Hero Agenda / Black Blade / Starbound / Lux / The Girl At Midnight / Boomerang / A Darker Shade Of Magic / Darkly Fae / Midnight Breed / Stormlight Archives / In Death / Six of Crows ))
Number of character deaths I will never get over: 18. Plus another 27 deaths I'm "eh" over, and 19 books with wars and/or massive/repetitive battle casualties.

Average rating of 2015: 3.6
Longest book of 2015: Technically it was From Gods To Monsters by assorted authors (1600) but I did not finish any of those stories, so the winner is The Way Of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.
Shortest book of 2015: The Girl & The Machine by Beth Revis (26 pages)

Favorite book of 2015: It is a tie between Truthwitch and The Orphan Queen.
Least favorite book of 2015: Ruin and RisingI don't know it was my "least" favorite, but it was the most disappointing.
Favorite character of 2015: There are too many to choose from! Aeduan from Truthwitch, Thorne/Wolf/Cress from Winter, and Rowan/Aelin from Queen of Shadows.
Least favorite character: Mal still greatly annoyed me (( Ruin and Rising )) but so did Chaol  (( Queen of Shadows )) so it is a touch call on this one. (And I loved Chaol when we first met.)

Favorite blog posts: Muggles' Guide to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Part One and Part Two.
Highlight of my blogging year: Attending my first bookish events: The Orphan Queen Launch Party and Book Expo America 2015.


Plans For The Future

Bookwise

  • Read 150 already owned books: By 'already owned' I mean books in my possession as of January 1st.
  • Read all new books as they coming in: This includes any ARCs, gifts, prizes, preorders, and random purchases.
  • Read five old books per every one new book I get in: Maybe this will help me tame my owned TBR some.

Blogwise

  • Continue to improve my statistics: My stats improved a whole lot during 2015, so I'd like to see them continue to grow.
  • Attract some meaningful followers and make some new blogger friends: I'd like to continue to interact with my followers, and somehow get more people to comment. I'd love to have more meaningful conversations on my blog posts and on social media.
  • But own domain and move to Wordpress: I've been wanting this for quite a long time, but have not had a chance to do this yet. I've been contemplating a name change, especially since I've added some co-bloggers. Maybe 2016 is the year.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...