Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirates Life For Me (Waiting on Wednesday)

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
blackhearts by nicole castroman

TITLE: Blackhearts
AUTHOR: Nicole Castroman
RELEASE DATE: February 9th, 2016
Genres: Genres
PUBLISHER: Simon Pulse
add to goodreads

“Blackbeard the pirate was known for striking fear in the hearts of the bravest of sailors. But once he was just a young man who dreamed of leaving his rigid life behind to chase adventure in faraway lands. Nothing could stop him—until he met the one girl who would change everything. This is their story.

Edward "Teach" Drummond, son of one of Bristol's richest merchants, has just returned from a year-long journey on the high seas to find his life in shambles. Betrothed to a girl he doesn’t love and sick of the high society he was born into, Teach dreams only of returning to the vast ocean he’d begun to call home. There's just one problem: convincing his father to let him leave and never come back.

Following her parents' deaths, Anne Barrett is left penniless and soon to be homeless. Though she’s barely worked a day in her life, Anne is forced to take a job as a maid in the home of Master Drummond. Lonely days stretch into weeks, and Anne longs for escape. How will she ever realize her dream of sailing to CuraƧao—where her mother was born—when she's stuck in England?

From the moment Teach and Anne meet, they set the world ablaze. Drawn to each other, they’re trapped by society and their own circumstances. Faced with an impossible choice, they must decide to chase their dreams and go, or follow their hearts and stay.”


Why?:


Because I was told I have to read this book or else. 

Because I am going through a bit of a pirate phase so this book sounds perfect for me. 

Because I've always wanted a ship in a bottle so the cover is win-win for me. 

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

6 comments:

  1. I am also very excited for this one! I've got an egalley to read, and hope to be on a blog tour for it. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! Hope you enjoy the book when you get to read it. Best of luck getting on the blog tour for it too. Crossing my fingers for you.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I've started reading this one, and so far I have no complaints. I'm only about 10% in, though. I just know the whole thing is going to be wonderful, though. Excellent choice!

    ~ Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me happy to hear. I also heard there was a lot of swoonworthy moments in it, so I think this book is definitely going to be grand. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I just read Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell and it's made me go mad for pirates so I want this one ASAP! Brilliant pick, I totally agree :D

    My WoW Pick this week
    Also, check out a chance to win a book of your choice here - you can pick a 2016 preorder or any backlist title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard much about Unhooked, but I definitely need to pick it up now!

    Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...