I Should Have Read These Author's Books A Long Time Ago (Top Ten Tuesday)

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Paper Bindings - I Should Have Read These Author's Books A Long Time Ago (Top Ten Tuesday)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme is the Top Ten New To Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015:

Since I was concentrating on catching up on already started series, I didn’t read many new authors. So this list is practically the few I did read. (In no order.)


Fallout by Gwenda BondDouble Down by Gwenda Bond


01. Gwenda Bond- I saw a little story reimagining the life of a young Lois Lane sitting there on the lists of books that were going to be at BEA. But when I made it to the signing, the line already wrapped around the booth and then some. So I thought I missed out on it, but as fate would have it, I was not meant to leave without this book. One my way out, I had that gut feeling to swing by the booth to see if they had any left overs. To my happy surprise, there was only a few people there and the author was still signing. This series was fantastic. I am looking forward to getting the other books by Gwenda Bond.



A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwabthe archived by victoria schwab

02. Victoria Schwab/V.E. Schwab - I had Vicious on my TBR forever before I finally picked up A Darker Shade of Magic. Could I just read the book already on my TBR before I added another one in? Nope, that would be logical and I'm a mood reader. But I guess it was meant to be because I fell so hard for A Darker Shade of Magic that I immediately became a fan of this author.

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner


03/04. Amie Kaufman / Megan Spooner- I couldn't separate these guys, okay? And I really wanted to toss Illuminae up there. But then I'd have to add Jay Kristoff in too. For once in a very long while, I actually had more people/books than just 10 I struggled to come up with. So Jay gets an honorable mention because these guys are fantastic authors and at no point in the stories did it feel like I was reading a collaboration, it was that seamless.

Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman

05. Eleanor Herman- First off, Eleanor Herman is super nice and I loved getting the chance to meet her at BEA. Legacy of Kings was an interesting story. I am pretty curious as to where she is going to take the story next and how true she will be to history.


The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey

06. Melissa Grey- Melissa Grey was a lot of fun at the Books of Wonder event I attended with her there. She has this brand of humor that is right up my alley. Probably a big reason why I enjoyed The Girl At Midnight since I am a sucker for my humor.

Starters by Lissa PriceEnders by Lissa Price


07. Lissa Price- Starters is the book it took me about a year to read because I am a slow audiobook listener and I eventually gave up for the paper version. I honestly thought I was going to hate this book, but instead I rather enjoyed this series.


The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker

08. Virginia Boecker- I initially passed over The Witch Hunter. But then Sarah at The YA Book Traveler promised me a dashing gentleman and swoon, and well, I reconsidered my stance. The book was a lot of fun, humor, danger, and swoon. I am excited for the next book in the series.


Scarlet by A C GaughenLady Thief by A C GaughenLion Heart by A C Gaughen

09. A.C. Gaughen- I've always like Robin Hood tales. The old Ren Faire I used to go to incorporated him and his band in it, something I looked forward to every year. So I was super excited to finally get to read these books. I really liked how she incorporated tiny details into the book that really made it feel authentic and yet made it it's own story.

spelled by betsy schow

10. Betsy Schow- I saw this book on Netgalley and thought "why not?" so I requested it. Spelled was a fun reimaging of some famous tales and I rather enjoyed the book.

What is your Top Ten this week?

12 comments:

  1. Yes! Finally someone mentions The Witch Hunter! I loved that book and I feel like it's so unappreciated - I never see anyone talking about it. I can't wait for the sequel <3

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it does seem to be an under appreciated book. The cover for book two looks amazing and I'm sure the story will be just as grand.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these authors yet but they look intriguing! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I definitely recommend them all. Hope you get to try one soon.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I can't say as I recall reading any of the authors on your Top Ten Tuesday post this week, so I have some new to me authors to check out for sure.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope one of their books calls to you! I must say I've added quite a few new books to my TBR because of this topic.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I've only read Schwab but excellent choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe it too me so long to read her books. But at least I finally did. XD

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Haven't read any of these yet, but a few have books on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/top-ten-tuesday-34/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to read them soon!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Whenever you mention LL:Fallout I feel the need to thank you again for getting me a copy! Such a good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank the magical book giving wheel! All I did was spin it. XD

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...